Not doing to great

GertieTerdz

May 10, 2021
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Gertie
Hey everyone! Itā€™s been a very long time since I was here and I was curious if anyone had any stories or experiences with aspirated pneumonia? Gertie is currently diagnosed with it and she is not doing well even with meds.
So Iā€™m curious how others have handled this and their experiences

Last edited:

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Sorry that Gertie is not feeling very well. I have no experience to help,but I will pray for her.

Doc Barry or Barry Bob.

May 9, 2016
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elsa is 2 1/2. Note: Bruiser left us at almost 14; Boss at almost 13 and Biggie at 10 1/2
Hey everyone! Itā€™s been a very long time since I was here and I was curious if anyone had any stories or experiences with aspirated pneumonia? Gertie is currently diagnosed with it and is not doing well even with meds.
If you trust your Vet then discuss options-- if you do not have total confidence in your Vet go for a second opinion to find someone who specializes w this serious problem that is affecting negatively on Gertie- I will also pray for a positive solution - as she struggles show her the love that you have always shown her

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Hey everyone! Itā€™s been a very long time since I was here and I was curious if anyone had any stories or experiences with aspirated pneumonia? Gertie is currently diagnosed with it and is not doing well even with meds.

Sorry to hear he is going thru this!

I personally havenā€™t dealt with aspiration pneumonia but I know someone that had a dog with that and used the antibiotics with Pet Well-Being brand Lung Gold supplement which soothes the lungs and anti inflammatory and helps fight infection and irritation.
They did have good success when they combined this supplement with the vet antibiotics, but every dog is different but may be worth a try for your dog.

I hope he gets better soon and has a quick recovery.

Please keep us updated

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Also I forgot to mention- once he is better and fully recovered I would recommend the vet checking him for Elongated Soft palate which can cause the aspiration pneumonia if the palate is too long and needs surgery.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey everyone! Itā€™s been a very long time since I was here and I was curious if anyone had any stories or experiences with aspirated pneumonia? Gertie is currently diagnosed with it and she is not doing well even with meds.
I have no experience to share, but will send tons of healing prayers. @oscarmayer might have some insight

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Take the meds and follow Vet orders. Feed small amounts of food more frequently. If getting pup to take meds is a struggle talk to Vet about injectable antibiotics. Ask Vet to consider sending injectables home with you for you to administer.
You may need to supply Oxygen at some point. Stay in close contact with Vet. Expect to see the start of slow steady improvement within 2-4 days.

Members online

No members online now.