Losing hair on sides..

Nytejagldy

Oct 12, 2013
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bevo
Our male bully, age 2...Bevo...started with a loss of hair about 4inches on one side, no itching or sore spots. Took him to the vet and they did a skin test and told me to give him melatonin. Started that and the patch has started to regrow hair. Now on the other side he has a larger hair losing spot. Thinking its the seasonal alopecia or thyroid. He didnt have it last year. He has an appt with the vet next week and we will address that. Thanks for the info on this site.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Our male bully, age 2...Bevo...started with a loss of hair about 4inches on one side, no itching or sore spots. Took him to the vet and they did a skin test and told me to give him melatonin. Started that and the patch has started to regrow hair. Now on the other side he has a larger hair losing spot. Thinking its the seasonal alopecia or thyroid. He didnt have it last year. He has an appt with the vet next week and we will address that. Thanks for the info on this site.

Good luck with the vet appt ... Glad it is working some what for you baby. Keep us posted

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Late again! It is most likely as others have said. Seasonal alopecia. My Frenglish had it two years ago. When hair grew in, it was darker, but now it is regular color. This year one of my EBD's has it-skin is black on both sides. I've been giving melatonin at night. Hair is starting to come back some. No itch.

Members online

No members online now.