Hurricane Harvey

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
We are very fortunate. My house, moms house, daughters house and our business all dry.

Dads house starting to flood. 100 miles north.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Thank you so much for posting... I've been praying and waiting to see something from you here or on FB!

Hugs to you all.

It has been the longest week of our lives! Thank God we are nearing the end. Of course it's not over damage wise but the end of this damn storm.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
incredible... Who would have even thought this would ever happen :(

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Glad to hear you are safe - we pray the weather situation will soon be stable.

SmashAttack

Aug 10, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Smash
Houston people

What part of town are you in?

I am in clear lake near Ellington Air Force base.

I'm in Santa Fe, south of League City and 15 minutes from Galveston. How are you doing in your neighborhood? Nassau Bay just warned to not use or consume water.

We have a long way to go. We ran out of puppy pads, will have to switch his food in a few days, and he had some diarrhea last night. All stores in my area are running out of food, and roads are impassible to go find any.

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
I'm in Santa Fe, south of League City and 15 minutes from Galveston. How are you doing in your neighborhood? Nassau Bay just warned to not use or consume water.

We have a long way to go. We ran out of puppy pads, will have to switch his food in a few days, and he had some diarrhea last night. All stores in my area are running out of food, and roads are impassible to go find any.

Wow, were are doing better than most. We're Very fortunate.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
I am 5 miles north northwest of Addicks Reservoir off of Hwy 6 so while the danger of the rain causing flooding is pretty much gone I now have to worry about being flooded out by the reservoir backing up to me. If that happens not only will we lose everything but as we don't have flood insurance as it is not required being that I live on the border of a 500/1000 year flood plane will be difficult to recover from.

Right now the water is about 2 miles from me so my fingers are crossed.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

SmashAttack

Aug 10, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Smash
I am 5 miles north northwest of Addicks Reservoir off of Hwy 6 so while the danger of the rain causing flooding is pretty much gone I now have to worry about being flooded out by the reservoir backing up to me. If that happens not only will we lose everything but as we don't have flood insurance as it is not required being that I live on the border of a 500/1000 year flood plane will be difficult to recover from.

Right now the water is about 2 miles from me so my fingers are crossed.

Hope y'all don't get flooded. That's a huge reservoir and maybe by tomorrow the water will start to move out. We don't have flood either for same reason. But that addicks reservoir is no joke. Glad to hear you're doing ok for now.

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Hope y'all don't get flooded. That's a huge reservoir and maybe by tomorrow the water will start to move out. We don't have flood either for same reason. But that addicks reservoir is no joke. Glad to hear you're doing ok for now.

We will see. There are a lot of bayous and creeks that flow in to it so it will continue to receive water for a few days to possibly a week before it starts to go down. Either way if we flood or not we will have flood insurance to be safe.

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
It finally stopped raining about an hour ago. It has rained non-stop since this whole thing started. We got over 36 inches and we live in north Houston (FM 1960). Not sure of the exact amount as the rain gauge overflowed during the second night. It was flooding all around us thanks to Cypress Creek but we are dry, never lost power or internet so we are very, very lucky. We are all suffering from cabin fever but that's OK!

I am so pleased to hear everyone else is safe. Good riddance Harvey!

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Looking at the radar this morning, Harvey moving away from Houston and will be making a third landfall in Louisiana today sometime. We are expecting rain from Harvey on Saturday.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Well Houstonians....is the water receding yet? Is the sun out? I hope...Beaumont was hit with 2 feet of rain yesterday and Harvey made his third landfall in Cameron, La. this morning. According to the latest track of the storm, the Mid-Atlantic will be getting some remnants of Harvey Saturday-Sunday timeframe.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
This weekend rain is supposed to stop. Thank God for that!!!
On another note.... theses dammm HOOLIGANS are out there stealing in people's homes, stores like...really?!?!? How low can anyone get! They better smile as alot are caught on camera.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
This weekend rain is supposed to stop. Thank God for that!!!
On another note.... theses dammm HOOLIGANS are out there stealing in people's homes, stores like...really?!?!? How low can anyone get! They better smile as alot are caught on camera.

Frankly, I'd shoot the bastards if they were in my house. I recall Katrina 12 years ago and they caught some of New Orleans' finest looting a store. Go figure.

Members online

No members online now.