sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Is everything still going well?

Well I decided to let my sister keep her while I traveled to Philly for work. BUT they will be driving here Thursday morning so not too long separated from Joey. We decided this to give her a few days to rest after her long week instead of a 4 hour drive and crazy schedule for 3 days.

Anyway, before I left I started to transition her back to her kibble (slowly) and she is eating GREAT! I am still waiting for her to return to her normal 2 to 3 time BM's per day, she is only have a small BM per day, but good consistency (she did NOT have loose bowels with this issue thank God)

So yesterday my sister had her out in the snow running and hopping and playing to see if it work up a "BM" but did not, then after playing she went inside and PUKED.....undigested food from 2 hours before. Was not acting sick or anything....just puked.

This morning ate her breakfast and has been fine all day.......So, LONG STORY a little shorter, she seems to be continuing to get better.....fingers crossed :)

Thanks for checking in Citty !!!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Well I decided to let my sister keep her while I traveled to Philly for work. BUT they will be driving here Thursday morning so not too long separated from Joey. We decided this to give her a few days to rest after her long week instead of a 4 hour drive and crazy schedule for 3 days.

Anyway, before I left I started to transition her back to her kibble (slowly) and she is eating GREAT! I am still waiting for her to return to her normal 2 to 3 time BM's per day, she is only have a small BM per day, but good consistency (she did NOT have loose bowels with this issue thank God)

So yesterday my sister had her out in the snow running and hopping and playing to see if it work up a "BM" but did not, then after playing she went inside and PUKED.....undigested food from 2 hours before. Was not acting sick or anything....just puked.

This morning ate her breakfast and has been fine all day.......So, LONG STORY a little shorter, she seems to be continuing to get better.....fingers crossed :)

Thanks for checking in Citty !!!

Puking after running around and playing isn't really that abnormal...glad to hear she is doing well!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Puking after running around and playing isn't really that abnormal...glad to hear she is doing well!

Agreed... after play puke isn’t concerning

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Puking is a little concerning to me only given recent events. It is cause for concern but keeping an eye out for behavior changes is all that i would do at this point. If she continues to improve with no backsliding then there's no reason to see a Vet. If she backslides(in the way she feels/activity drops off) I'd get her X-rayed with contrast. Better safe than sorry.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Puking is a little concerning to me only given recent events. It is cause for concern but keeping an eye out for behavior changes is all that i would do at this point. If she continues to improve with no backsliding then there's no reason to see a Vet. If she backslides(in the way she feels/activity drops off) I'd get her X-rayed with contrast. Better safe than sorry.

ABSOLUTELY !! That was another reason my sister (Joey's second Mom) is keeping her until Thursday (then both traveling to where I am) was so she was close to her own vet that knew what was happening. I HOPE AND PRAY to post an uneventful followup tomorrow morning :)

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
UPDATE

My sister says that Joey is doing awesome! Had a GREAT BM yesterday AND ate her kibble with just a touch of pure pumpkin and loved it! No puking yesterday.....thank you GOD !!!!!

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Way to go, Joey!
EBN peeps are proudly pulling for proper poops!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=14995]sisters3[/MENTION] Extremely happy to hear the good Joey news!!!! I know we all worry when one does not feel well,as we are a team-team bullie!! So happy :happydance::wave5:

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Way to go, Joey!
EBN peeps are proudly pulling for proper poops!

WHOOP WHOOP!!! Some people just do not understand how FREAKING HAPPY you can get when your fur baby has a normal poop!! :)

I got another update this morning, she ate her kibble for breakfast and started her day with a GERMAN SHEPARD size poop!!! THAT'S MY GIRL !!!!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=14995]sisters3[/MENTION] Extremely happy to hear the good Joey news!!!! I know we all worry when one does not feel well,as we are a team-team bullie!! So happy :happydance::wave5:

TEAM BULLY IS RIGHT !!!!! I don't know what I would have done if I did not have you all to come to in times like last week. I was so very, very, very worried!! You made me feel calm and confident to make the right choices for my little girl Joey.

MFrey2012

Feb 2, 2016
Eastern PA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ellie
[MENTION=14995]sisters3[/MENTION] OMG!! Joey and Sue, Ellie and I LOVE YOU!! We are late to the party, Hope you are feeling better.

Please let us know you are doing, STAT!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
WHOOP WHOOP!!! Some people just do not understand how FREAKING HAPPY you can get when your fur baby has a normal poop!! :)

I got another update this morning, she ate her kibble for breakfast and started her day with a GERMAN SHEPARD size poop!!! THAT'S MY GIRL !!!!

Yes!! Great news

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Members online

No members online now.