sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
THANKS TO EVERYONE who has stuck with me through this.....you're really, very, very, very special people!!!!!!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I'd keep things simple for now and go with what worked well for 3.5 years.

Fuzzy puke eh...you sure she didn't eat a RAT?

I agree, for now, keep her on same food. But in future if you run into any allergy issues such as licking paws, constant ear infections, recurrence of burping up, then it may be time to switch foods. I would then switch to dehydrated raw if the issue is burping up, and frozen raw if the issue is allergies.

In terms of allergenicity, from least allergenic to most allergenic:
frozen raw<freeze dried and air dried raw<dehydrated raw<kibble

Frozen raw: is the least convenient but not that expensive
Freeze dried and air dried: are very expensive but fairly convenient
Dehydrated raw: fairly expensive and fairly convenient
Kibble: least expensive, convenient. Cold pressed kibble in Europe is least allergenic kibble, but not available here as far as I know.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I agree, for now, keep her on same food. But in future if you run into any allergy issues such as licking paws, constant ear infections, recurrence of burping up, then it may be time to switch foods. I would then switch to dehydrated raw if the issue is burping up, and frozen raw if the issue is allergies.

In terms of allergenicity, from least allergenic to most allergenic:
frozen raw<freeze dried and air dried raw<dehydrated raw<kibble

Frozen raw: is the least convenient but not that expensive
Freeze dried and air dried: are very expensive but fairly convenient
Dehydrated raw: fairly expensive and fairly convenient
Kibble: least expensive, convenient. Cold pressed kibble in Europe is least allergenic kibble, but not available here as far as I know.

What awesome information! Thanks so much! I have research to do for sure. Nice and slow. Amazing information indeed!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Joey just ate her bland diet dinner, and brought me her Jolly Ball to play!!!!! Gotta be a good sign!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Joey just ate her bland diet dinner, and brought me her Jolly Ball to play!!!!! Gotta be a good sign!

Like mentioned, once she gets better and back on track, transition her food slowly. Frozen raw is probably the best. I get mine cut up in 1/2 pounders. 50lb dog is one pound per day. Plus treats. In the US your freeze dried raw like Stella & Chewys (good choice) is so much less expensive than here. On the other hand, if you want to stick to a high quality kibble I would go with acana the one protein bag. [MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION] gave great suggestions.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Like mentioned, once she gets better and back on track, transition her food slowly. Frozen raw is probably the best. I get mine cut up in 1/2 pounders. 50lb dog is one pound per day. Plus treats. In the US your freeze dried raw like Stella & Chewys (good choice) is so much less expensive than here. On the other hand, if you want to stick to a high quality kibble I would go with acana the one protein bag. [MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION] gave great suggestions.

Thanks Helene! You’ll be seeing my plea for help when I’m ready to transition LOL

So thankful for your input!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I am so hoping that Joey is "on the mend". I've never had dogs that ate things, and they always had stuffed animals, which they loved. That is, until I got Bulldogs.....no matter how good they are, can't be trusted with stuffies-my Bullies,that is.:no: [MENTION=14995]sisters3[/MENTION]

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I am so hoping that Joey is "on the mend". I've never had dogs that ate things, and they always had stuffed animals, which they loved. That is, until I got Bulldogs.....no matter how good they are, can't be trusted with stuffies-my Bullies,that is.:no: [MENTION=14995]sisters3[/MENTION]

How true ! When I buy my French bulldog a stuffed dog toy that is supposedly meant to withstanding chewing, it lasts about 10 minutes until she shreds it. A dehydrated duck foot or rabbit foot lasts about 3 minutes.

IMG-20170324-WA0002.jpg

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)

My eldest son has 1/2 wolf about 12yrs old, a Shih Tzu 14yrs old n a Chihuahua about 4. When I go visit I bring Nyala n Duke so does my youngest son who brings his 2 pitties n GS (da cousin).....eventually we always see a bunch of white fluff where the dogs are hanging around the living area. Who did it? We never seem to catch them lolll. Them old dogs have a bunch of stuffed toys n my daughter in law sews them up :w00t:.... so every Xmas I make a big bag of stuffed animals for them oldies.

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey

Thank you so much! I always thought that I had all bases covered to protect Joey. I will be better.....for her.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Just now reading your thread. We hope Joey is on the mend with a speedy recovery. Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=14995]sisters3[/MENTION] How was Joey last night? This morning? Sure praying for a GOOD report!!!!!:pray::yes:

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=14995]sisters3[/MENTION] How was Joey last night? This morning? Sure praying for a GOOD report!!!!!:pray::yes:

Hi Lynn! I’m very happy to say better every day! She got a wonderful night sleep! We just came in from a nice walk in the snow with one of her puppy buddies and she had a blast! I think we’re turning the corner!

Big hugs to you for helping us and watching over Joey!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
Just now reading your thread. We hope Joey is on the mend with a speedy recovery. Have a safe and Happy Thanksgiving.

Hi Roger! Thanks so much for checking in! Joey’s definitely on the mend! Have a blessed, safe, and Happy Thanksgiving!

Members online