Getting my new pup on Friday! First time owner

Greg R

Mar 9, 2024
Country
england
Bulldog(s) Names
Frank
Thanks so much for all the info, it's so greatly appreciated. You guys here have given me SO much advice already.

At the moment, I'm not sure what she weighs, but I get to pick her up Friday - so I'll find out as soon as I can.

Yeah, I don't want an unhealthy dog, it's not fair, the dog doesn't get to choose what she will get fed. So I, as the carer, will have to make sure I'm doing everything I can to make sure she has a long healthy life.

I'm going to get some insurance, which I'm currently struggling with choosing, I will be doing more research into that. I think it's around $60/month for a decent insurance with a $100/premium and a $4000/visit limit. Here in the UK, I don't think VET bills are as expensive as in USA.

I've added a picture of Sash, who I'll be picking up in 3 days.View attachment 124472
Though I would just post a pic of mine,Frank, who is now almost 2yrs old, another tri merle.Yours looks so like him when he was a pup

Attachments

• 70249094852__61EE71C4-E020-42D9-A94C-37223903B01F.jpeg
    70249094852__61EE71C4-E020-42D9-A94C-37223903B01F.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 7

Squeezer

Nov 6, 2019
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Cozmeaux ,Elvis
I highly recommend purchasing good quality toysā€¦.one of our puppies complete destroyed the cheap toys, which is what the dog is supposed to doā€¦.that said our pup would actually swallow the pieces of rubber, stuffing, you name it!
He had to have surgery at 3 months old to remove a zip loc baggie full of pieces of toys ( and weā€™d monitored him closely)ā€¦..$800 surgery could have been avoided if weā€™d bought toys like Kong ( as others have suggested).

And I also agree with those who have discussed Royal Caninā€¦.junk food for dogs in my opinionā€¦for our newest female pup, we weaned her off slowly with a mix of Zignature and Royal Canin until she turned 6 months old. We now feed her Natureā€™s Logic supplemented with some raw and cooked organ meat.

Everyone has their own preferences as youā€™ll learn through this forumā€¦.we have gleaned a whole lot of information on the breed from the folks on the EB forum!

best of luck with your new pup!

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
$800 surgery could have been avoided if weā€™d bought toys like Kong ( as others have suggested).
I would like to point out that kong licenses its brand out and the toys they sell are not ā€œdog proofā€. Beth can cut right through their fabrics in seconds. All toys need to be played with under full supervision and removed when supervision isnā€™t around/possible.

Members online

No members online now.