Ear gunk

mark53

May 2, 2017
Country
england
Bulldog(s) Names
elsa
Elsa has black /dark Brown ear wax in one ear...
Iv been cleaning with Auralclean for dogs but after 3/4 days its back....would appreciate some suggestions/ideas ...

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Does the gunk have any odor to it?
I use with hazel on a cotton pad... another good thing is lavender essential oil, but do not put it in the ear.. take a q-tip and place it all around the the ear canal outside.. not in the canal. @helsonwheels

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
As @2BullyMama mentioned, above the canal not in the hole of the canal as oil will seep on its own. If a bit goes in don’t worry. My German Shepherd just had that brown guk in one ear n it was inside the canal. She’s always running n rolling in dirt/grass. Her ears are always nice n clear but GS are known for inside canal guk. I also us EcoEar for maintenance (once a month) n I do add 15 drops of lavender EO into the bottle n shake well.

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
If the black gunk looks like coffee grounds then she has ear mites and needs a Vet's help.

Miss lola G 2

May 30, 2023
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Miss Lola G
Elsa has black /dark Brown ear wax in one ear...
Iv been cleaning with Auralclean for dogs but after 3/4 days its back....would appreciate some suggestions/ideas ...
I use 1/2 apple cider vinegar and 1/2 warm water to clean then use half and half mix of hydrocortisone and monostat7 to coat the ear for black gunk it works great you can find a video on you tube in bull dog hacks

Members online

No members online now.