ksmith

Nov 11, 2023
Atlanta, GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Hi all,

I received an email today that our pet insurance company will no longer be insuring pets effective in May(?). That being said, I know just how important pet insurance is for EBs and ours has been a saving grace many times throughout our dog's life. So, I'm on the hunt for a new pet insurance policy - which companies have you had a great experience with? For reference, we have a four year old EB with no real medical history other than some allergies and a few ear infections here and there. Also, would love to know if your policies include surgical procedures as well? Our current one did not cover any of his BOAS surgery this past November, but would love to find a company that will at least cover some surgical expenses if something does come up down the road. Thanks!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Here you go…..

paw7004

Aug 30, 2012
Virginia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tebow
Perhaps consider opening a savings account at your bank and put some money in it each month. I have an account set up just for this purpose. (I face the same issue of rising rates with my long term care insurance for ME! I started it 20 years ago for $35/month. My premium went up to $70, then $120 and this month $170! And the benefit payments should I go into care have dropped! All those years paying into that policy-I'd have been better off putting that money in a savings account!)

jsygrls

Jul 17, 2020
Port Orange Florida
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Charles Barkley aka "Bubba"
Hi all,

I received an email today that our pet insurance company will no longer be insuring pets effective in May(?). That being said, I know just how important pet insurance is for EBs and ours has been a saving grace many times throughout our dog's life. So, I'm on the hunt for a new pet insurance policy - which companies have you had a great experience with? For reference, we have a four year old EB with no real medical history other than some allergies and a few ear infections here and there. Also, would love to know if your policies include surgical procedures as well? Our current one did not cover any of his BOAS surgery this past November, but would love to find a company that will at least cover some surgical expenses if something does come up down the road. Thanks!
I'm happy with this insurance company . I chose an 80/20 plan with a deductible, and a wellness plan . My guy is 7 years old and he had no real issues, the piece of mind is worth it to me, you may want to check them out. https://www.petsbest.com/dog-insurance
Been with then going 5 years.

OP
ksmith

ksmith

Nov 11, 2023
Atlanta, GA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Awesome, I'll be sure to check these out. Thanks!

buffym

Apr 30, 2013
Allen Park, Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie, Dually (Forever in my Heart)
I also use Pets Best and have had no issues. Only thing that is annoying is that it takes about a month to get reimbursed. I have a 90/10 plan with $500 deductible. My girl has been hospitalized twice with pneumonia and had palate surgery plus she is on a long term med. They have always paid my claims no questions asked.

Members online

No members online now.