Does not like bath time!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Since you are in FLA.... try doing it outside with the hose.

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
It's nice to know I am not the only one that sings to their bully when giving them a bath LOL

I give Samson treats during and after his baths but it has never made him like baths anymore, still at almost 6 years old he is just not happy to get a bath. The peanut butter idea is a good one though, I'll have to try that!

OP
Darasue

Darasue

Feb 7, 2012
Memphis, TN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Puckingham
I gave Puck a bath this past weekend and used most of these tips. He did much better! I had him sit in the tub a while with treats and peanut butter. He was apprehensive at first, but eventually started eating the peanut butter. Hearing the water running always scares him, but we talked to him the whole time. We still had to hold him down, but he wasn't bucking nearly as bad and was not as scared.
I think I will try the towel trick next time to see if he likes that. I dont have a real good place to do it outside, I would feel weird doing it in the front driveway, and he would probably get more dirty than clean if I tried this in the backyard bc it is so sandy. I have thought about it thou, he would probably be really scared of the water hose. He is afraid of the strangest things!
Thanks everyone for the tips!