Jumping

Diesel11

Mar 19, 2024
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Bear
Hi
I have a bulldog named Bear he's 11 months old. He's actually my third Bulldog my other two have since passed away and I know when you get a puppy, they love to jump up that's part of their nature but it's been a while since I've had to train a little guy and wondered if you can give me any tips on the best way to stop him from jumping up and trying to bull bait me lol he's not neutered yet and wondered if that's probably part of the situation since he grabs a hold of my leg etc
Thanks much

Attachments

• IMG_6176.jpeg
    IMG_6176.jpeg
    2.5 MB · Views: 9

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
You need to start with very basics like touch, sit, stay, EHEH (make a buzzer noise instead of using the word "no").

When he jumps he get an EHEH and sit/stay and lose all attention. If he continues to jump after you've tried to get him to stop, remove him from the situation (kennel up) until he calms down.

There are a lot of mentions of "nothing is free" training on the forums

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I agree with Benny.... you can also place a lead on him and shorten it or stand on it to prevent him from jumping... use training treats when he listens to your commands as a reward

Members online

No members online now.