coconut oil - allergies

marshall351

Oct 26, 2020
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hildegard
My 3 year old spayed English bulldog is on freeze dried raw. Has anyone heard of putting coconut oil in their meals to deal with allergies?

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
My 3 year old spayed English bulldog is on freeze dried raw. Has anyone heard of putting coconut oil in their meals to deal with allergies?
3 main types of allergiesā€¦..food allergies, environmental allergies n flea allergy dermatitis

The CO you buy in stores the heavy thick white CO is high in moisture and low in lauric acid. Meaning itā€™s basically for cooking. The right CO you need is MCT n itā€™s liquid. Be careful too much they can have loose stools but you canā€™t go wrong with MCT. Refrigerate once open.

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
I tried it before for my dogs allergies, and it actually made them worse, then I seen this article and video and it made sense that the allergies got worse, cause the Lauric acid is causing problems like Leaky Gut which is how allergies are a problem sometimes. It actually causes inflammation in the body which is really bad for allergies.
Inflammation=disease+itchy and worse allergies.

If your wanting to add healthy fats(omega 3) to Decrease inflammation you can add pollock oil, Salmon oil, Sardine Oil, Green Lipped mussel Oil(Safe Sea Green lipped mussel oil I give my dog). Herring oil is also good.

Those good omega 3 oils I listed are good for allergies and Decrease inflammation.

Members online

No members online now.