Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
No way would I do that...
I started with 1 and went to 2
back to 1 and then to 2
then to 3 and then back to 2
then to 3 and finally 4, did I say finally? HAH!
back to 3 and then 2 then 3 and 4 again
then 3 and back down to 2 and ultimately 1
a few months later...back to 2 then 4 and within a couple months back to 2...UGH!
then 3 again, then 4, then 5 and 6
5 and 6 are rescues that may very well end up staying with us for the duration.
So, see where I'm going with this...you'll soon be running a kennel.
Have fun!...we certainly have.
:D :D :D

Imagine if they were wives? Lolll

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
I have brother/sister siblings. Got my boy at 7 wks and then got his sister at 12 weeks. They are 2 now.
In the beginning it was hard! I shed a lot of tears, and at times exhausting. I also work full time and have young children and my husband has a demanding job. So I hand the bulk of the "work". And I basically lived on this forum! Lol
But now, at 2 yrs old- they are wonderful! They play with one another, are very well behaved, and I just love them to pieces.
I say, if you have the time, patience and -full disclosure- at times deep pockets, then go for it. Just know everything is x's2!

Just a tidbit on the comment of the puppy that "a bit of a handful". That was my girl. We picked my boy bc of how mellow he was and my girl (the only girl) was terrorizing all her other brothers. Turns out, she was the mellow one and my boy was the one with all of the energy! She is just alpha and still is between the two.

And of course pics just bc..... LOL
It's a tough decision for sure, but if it works for your family then it will
Be great!

cb664ce9c7799ff332dd5afa7f327e86.jpg

0a2788e3d1d0d381c4f6803d8a719e05.jpg

2e8eb53209721890f8d2252cd3abe727.jpg

de1b84e6686075a66d22a88fd1b6b9b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
How's your rescue with megaesophagus doing? That was a wonderful thing you did rescuing him.

No way would I do that...
I started with 1 and went to 2
back to 1 and then to 2
then to 3 and then back to 2
then to 3 and finally 4, did I say finally? HAH!
back to 3 and then 2 then 3 and 4 again
then 3 and back down to 2 and ultimately 1
a few months later...back to 2 then 4 and within a couple months back to 2...UGH!
then 3 again, then 4, then 5 and 6
5 and 6 are rescues that may very well end up staying with us for the duration.
So, see where I'm going with this...you'll soon be running a kennel.
Have fun!...we certainly have.
:D :D :D

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
I have brother/sister siblings. Got my boy at 7 wks and then got his sister at 12 weeks. They are 2 now.
In the beginning it was hard! I shed a lot of tears, and at times exhausting. I also work full time and have young children and my husband has a demanding job. So I hand the bulk of the "work". And I basically lived on this forum! Lol
But now, at 2 yrs old- they are wonderful! They play with one another, are very well behaved, and I just love them to pieces.
I say, if you have the time, patience and -full disclosure- at times deep pockets, then go for it. Just know everything is x's2!

Just a tidbit on the comment of the puppy that "a bit of a handful". That was my girl. We picked my boy bc of how mellow he was and my girl (the only girl) was terrorizing all her other brothers. Turns out, she was the mellow one and my boy was the one with all of the energy! She is just alpha and still is between the two.

And of course pics just bc..... LOL
It's a tough decision for sure, but if it works for your family then it will
Be great!

cb664ce9c7799ff332dd5afa7f327e86.jpg

0a2788e3d1d0d381c4f6803d8a719e05.jpg

2e8eb53209721890f8d2252cd3abe727.jpg

de1b84e6686075a66d22a88fd1b6b9b7.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
. Great pictures''all beautiful :) and Ii had that thought about than"handful" pup situation turning out as how yours worked

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
How's your rescue with megaesophagus doing? That was a wonderful thing you did rescuing him.
She(MINI) is doing really well...gaining weight and built like Helene's Nyala, she's fast and loves to jump, romp, and keep Lala busy. The Mega E, IMO, has improved overall...she regurges maybe once every 10 days instead of what used to be a daily event. We still have to be very careful with the water bowl and limit her on what she has access to. She's a really good girl...and seems to appreciate all the attention we give her. TY for asking DO!

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Fantastic ! Maybe it's getting better. Was thinking of Mini the other day, because I was reading about bloat. My dog was drinking water all day for some reason and then her belly looked huge and swollen. I read that raised feeding bowls and wet dog food increases risk of bloat. And obviously that's what you have to do with megaesophagus. Luckily, bulldogs aren't really prone to bloat and my dog turned out to be fine.

She(MINI) is doing really well...gaining weight and built like Helen's Nyala, she's fast and loves to jump, romp, and keep Lala busy. The Mega E, IMO, has improved overall...she regurges maybe once every 10 days instead of what used to be a daily event. We still have to be very careful with the water bowl and limit her on what she has access to. She's a really good girl...and seems to appreciate all the attention we give her. TY for asking DO!

OP
3bugsmom

3bugsmom

Jul 12, 2017
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Josie and Jack
Those of you who said - go for it- we did! Not litermares. 4 days apart in age so might as well be lol
Jack and Josie 🐶🐶

Attachments

• IMG_5466.JPG
    IMG_5466.JPG
    82.9 KB · Views: 60
  • IMG_5487.JPG
    IMG_5487.JPG
    74.9 KB · Views: 69

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
OMG ADORABLE! !!!! good job! Double trouble. The one on the left looks like a brat lol! Congrats! !!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
how darn cute are they!!!! now y9ou best be keeping up with pictures for us :)

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Cute kids...double puppy breath alert!