sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
So glad Joey is at least not worse. Please keep the updates coming and I will certainly keep the prayers coming. xxooo sweet Joey

Thanks to you and all my other EBN family!

UPDATE -- Joey had another follow up today. Doc said she can see an ulcer, from the injury ??, she did debridement around outer edges and changed the antibiotic ointment. She says that we need to be patient, it will heal. She said the next step and LAST resort, only if vision is compromised or she is in pain, would be sedation and a more extensive debridement. We have no plans to do this for obvious reasons. Doc does not want to do this either, so we wait, still.......

Continued prayers please my friends. Thanks again from Joey and I !

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks to you and all my other EBN family!

UPDATE -- Joey had another follow up today. Doc said she can see an ulcer, from the injury ??, she did debridement around outer edges and changed the antibiotic ointment. She says that we need to be patient, it will heal. She said the next step and LAST resort, only if vision is compromised or she is in pain, would be sedation and a more extensive debridement. We have no plans to do this for obvious reasons. Doc does not want to do this either, so we wait, still.......

Continued prayers please my friends. Thanks again from Joey and I !

YIKES!!! continued prayers for sure! You got this MS. Joey!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
[MENTION=14995]sisters3[/MENTION]
Poor little Joey; will the ulcer not heal because of an infection? I hope they have checked so that she has no eye lashes growing inwards? Castor has had his eye lashes plucked when they at one stage caused ulcers or at least irritation.

And how does Joey deal with it - does she try to scratch her eye? I know how difficult it is to keep a dog from scratching, and at least Castor cannot wear a cone because it just slides off him.

Best wishes from us to both of you!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=14995]sisters3[/MENTION]
Poor little Joey; will the ulcer not heal because of an infection? I hope they have checked so that she has no eye lashes growing inwards? Castor has had his eye lashes plucked when they at one stage caused ulcers or at least irritation.

And how does Joey deal with it - does she try to scratch her eye? I know how difficult it is to keep a dog from scratching, and at least Castor cannot wear a cone because it just slides off him.

Best wishes from us to both of you!

Hello friend! Thank you for the concern!! From what Doc said because of the scratch to her eye (maybe from dew claw??) the ulcer has developed in response to the injury. Doc says it WILL heal and the antibiotic ointment is to prevent an infection. She did not see any irritation from eyelashes. I think that it bothers me more than it bothers Joey, breaks my heart to see her eye look "wonky" She will rub at it after I put the ointment in, she hates that!! So, I have treats ready to give her so that she does not rub her eye immediately after her medicine.

Thank you and Castor for watching over my girl Joey!!! It's so frustrating but we will continue with what the doc has told us to do. As my dear Mom always said "This too shall pass" It's just taking so long.......How long did it take for Castor to heal?

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Hello friend! Thank you for the concern!! From what Doc said because of the scratch to her eye (maybe from dew claw??) the ulcer has developed in response to the injury. Doc says it WILL heal and the antibiotic ointment is to prevent an infection. She did not see any irritation from eyelashes. I think that it bothers me more than it bothers Joey, breaks my heart to see her eye look "wonky" She will rub at it after I put the ointment in, she hates that!! So, I have treats ready to give her so that she does not rub her eye immediately after her medicine.

Thank you and Castor for watching over my girl Joey!!! It's so frustrating but we will continue with what the doc has told us to do. As my dear Mom always said "This too shall pass" It's just taking so long.......How long did it take for Castor to heal?

I am happy to hear Joey isn't bothered by the ulcer.

Castor has eye issues on and off because he as a very dry eye but now he's on daily drops that work well. But he's had to have antibiotic ointment a few times and that has been for a week. He wants his treats too. He doesn't get any treats after eye drops, though, but he takes pills twice a day (for suspected arthritis) and I hide them in cheese. The only time he comes running these days is when I ask him if he wants cheese!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
I am happy to hear Joey isn't bothered by the ulcer.

Castor has eye issues on and off because he as a very dry eye but now he's on daily drops that work well. But he's had to have antibiotic ointment a few times and that has been for a week. He wants his treats too. He doesn't get any treats after eye drops, though, but he takes pills twice a day (for suspected arthritis) and I hide them in cheese. The only time he comes running these days is when I ask him if he wants cheese!

O M G same with Joey!!! "CHEESE" hahahahahaha !!!!!!! It's her special treat and she comes running when she hears the wrapper LOL !!! I am relieved to hear that Castor's eye issues are under control, I PRAY that Joey's are resolved soon!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I hope that Joey's eye is all better very soon, I know she has a great nurse :nurse2:(you)! I never have known a dog who didn't like cheese!

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
[MENTION=14995]sisters3[/MENTION] [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION]
I just hope cheese isn't bad for them!

OP
sisters3

sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
[MENTION=14995]sisters3[/MENTION] [MENTION=8741]Manydogs[/MENTION]
I just hope cheese isn't bad for them!

Oh goodness, I sure hope it isn't either LOL !!!!

- - - Updated - - -

I hope that Joey's eye is all better very soon, I know she has a great nurse :nurse2:(you)! I never have known a dog who didn't like cheese!

Thank you friend! AND Joey says thank you too!!!!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Nothing is wrong with cheese so long it’s not too much. :)

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
Poor Joey! Stella, Harvey and I are all praying that ulcer heals quickly!
It’s so hard to hurry up and wait! [emoji1317][emoji240][emoji3590]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Staff online

Members online