OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
I am so glad Duke is fine after such a traumatic few days :)
I would have flipped out big time too had that been Lucy I am glad the worst bit is over and you can spend the next week or so resting his system before changing food
so what food are you palnning to go with [MENTION=2091]BabyDuke[/MENTION]? back to NVI beef or are you gonna try something different?

I hope you all don't think I am crazy but I am going to do the bland diet for a full week and then reintroduce the NVI again VERY slowly? I just believe after the research I did and all the info on this site that it is so much better for Duke.. I hope I am doing the right thing... My goal with even beginning to switch was to get him off the low dose steriod he takes every other day. the vet at the ER agreed with my thinking last night.. can't tell you I am so exhausted from all of this.. feels like I got hit by a car.. :whew: but the worst is over.. its so nice to see him comfortable, last night he couldn't even lay down.. it was so sad..

OP
BabyDuke

BabyDuke

Community Veteran
Mar 25, 2011
Philadelphia PA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
So relieved @BabyDuke..sooooo. Does duke have any more toys with heads on them? Had to run errands this morning and after hearing your story..I took up all toys that could be eatable!!
He ate this thing a month ago and when my husband realized it we threw out everything.. he only has nyla bones ( with supervision ) and really hard balls. ( that are way to big to fit in his mouth)!

the funny thing is .. Duke never was a chewer or one to eat things.. that is why I hope someone reads this horrible thread and is extra careful with their dogs.. it only takes one time for them to swallow something!

Members online

No members online now.