sisters3

Oct 29, 2015
Pennsylvania
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
My Girl Joey
GTK!! Do you mind if I tag you in future posts regarding this, if/when it is to come up? I think it wise to have members on either end of the topic (one it works for one it didn't).

Oh sure! If it can help anyone I'm happy to share what did and didn't work :)

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
We switched to using coconut yogurt or we use Kefir. I am not an environmentalist by any means but I avoid buying, using or advocating greek yogurts of any kind due to the toxic sludge byproduct that is created during the production process. Hopefully with the studies that have been going on by the USDA they will come up with a process to make the acid whey byproduct not so toxic.

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
We switched to using coconut yogurt or we use Kefir. I am not an environmentalist by any means but I avoid buying, using or advocating greek yogurts of any kind due to the toxic sludge byproduct that is created during the production process. Hopefully with the studies that have been going on by the USDA they will come up with a process to make the acid whey byproduct not so toxic.
What kind of coconut yogurt do you use? Very interested! I'm a big fan of coconut oil and it's benefits, are they similar? The "toxic sludge byproduct" that you write about, is it the same for Plain, Organic yogurt as well or just greek yogurts? Should I be concerned about acid whey byproduct in a non-greek, plain yogurt?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
What kind of coconut yogurt do you use? Very interested! I'm a big fan of coconut oil and it's benefits, are they similar? The "toxic sludge byproduct" that you write about, is it the same for Plain, Organic yogurt as well or just greek yogurts? Should I be concerned about acid whey byproduct in a non-greek, plain yogurt?

Acid Whey is a byproduct of the production of greek yogurt, cream cheese and cottage cheese of which greek yogurt produces the most of it. I wouldn't worry about it and I am not trying to get anyone to stop using greek yogurt by any means. As for the coconut yogurt we use the So Delicious brand plain flavor. I am not a yogurt fan myself but I will actually eat the coconut milk yogurt.

Max

Feb 7, 2022
Country
America
Bulldog(s) Names
Max
One tablespoon of yogurt plain with morning meal he loves it which has helped decrease gas. Food is all dry blue buffalo wilderness red meat and salmon. Read article about using large breed formula for bulldogs and came to conclusion it was due to increased calcium and other joint nutrition for the hip problems bully's can get. Considering yogurt was more of calcium supplement.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
took a ice cube tray and filled it with probiotic Greek yogurt and added a little peanut butter to each cube. Max loves his treat

Members online

No members online now.