Dad--Why Are You Always Washing My Water and Food Bowls?

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Well Cooper I am glad you asked that question. Bullies are messy. "C'Mon dad, I'm not that messy." Believe it or not you are, I will say you sniff out and eat the food after your meals. And you slobber your water and let the excess drool out of your mouth. It is even worse when you shake your head and sling that "stuff" all over the place.

Your food and water bowls are made of stainless steel and we clean and sanitize them daily. Stainless steel enables us to sterilize and scrub without compromising integrity of the material. "So is this the reason I have different water bowls?" Yes. Because you produce something called biofilm that has been linked to illness and even death. "What is bio-whatever Dad?" Biofilm is a collection of good and bad bacteria along with lots of inorganic microorganisms. This combination of living organisms settles on the bottom and sides of your water bowl, that creates a sticky, slimy film. Biofilm can appear in a wide variety of colors and designs, and it’s not something we don't want to see in your bowl. Not only does it create the perfect environment for dangerous bacteria like Listeria, E. coli, Legionella, and even Leptospirosis – it also makes you not want to drink your water. That is why Mom and Dad clean your bowls daily. "OK Dad, thanks for that chat and thank you for you and Mommy taking care of me. But, I will say I got the Deer In The Headlights look when you explained what bio-whatever." That's OK Coop. Just be a good boy and drink your water from a clean bowl.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I usually wind up washing water bowls 2 or 3 times a day. The non-bullies don't like drinking "bullie slime!". That's okay-it keeps me on the job! They are so lucky to have a maid-wish I did!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
@Manydogs -- us to! bowls are washed like 3x a day. With Beau being on steroids', he at the bowl so much I have to rinse/wash much more often

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
I wash my dogs food dish after every meal(3 meals a day for one of my dogs=wash the dish 3 times a day), and water dishes which there is 2 of, they only get fridge filtered water(NOT tap water). The 2 water dishes are washed 1-2 times a day as the dogs don’t slobber much and they rarely drink any water cause they are all raw fed so they hardly drink any water only after tons of play and a long walk.
The Frenchie gets his face wiped with a wet paper towel to keep his wrinkles/mouth clean after each meal for preventative.

Members online

No members online now.