Real Name
    Beth
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rosco
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Allergic Reaction??

No I don't necessarily want him off raw. I'm not 100% for or against it either. I am just wanting the best I can provide for him to keep him healthy. I am not ready to commit to feeding raw full time since I have a husband and a house full of kids. That why I have chosen to use Orijen in there as well. I will definitely check out the home cooking threads and look into honest kitchen, so thank you for your two cents. He is on Orijen puppy and I had planned to switch him to adult around 6-7 months since there is so much protein in Orijen. What are your thoughts on this?

2. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by BethD View Post
    No I don't necessarily want him off raw. I'm not 100% for or against it either. I am just wanting the best I can provide for him to keep him healthy. I am not ready to commit to feeding raw full time since I have a husband and a house full of kids. That why I have chosen to use Orijen in there as well. I will definitely check out the home cooking threads and look into honest kitchen, so thank you for your two cents. He is on Orijen puppy and I had planned to switch him to adult around 6-7 months since there is so much protein in Orijen. What are your thoughts on this?

good plan... Honest Kitchen is great food and so is Orijen, and 6-7 months is a bout right to switch to adult
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Real Name
    Beth
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rosco
    Likes (Received)

Thanks!!

Have Bulldog Will Travel Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Chip
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Zoey, Lala, Pippy, and MINI
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

What brand of Duck and Sweet Potato treats are/were you giving? Where are they made?
    Many years ago, I gave Duck Jerky wrapped around sweetpotato sticks to my Dozer over a several month period. It took me a long time to figure out but they damn near killed him. Once I traced back the timeline of his diminishing health, that led me to the treats...MADE IN CHINA. Grrrr. I always look very closely at labels now.

saving as many as we can for the sake of Bullykind

6. Likes santinomom liked this post
    Real Name
    Beth
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Rosco
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by oscarmayer View Post
    What brand of Duck and Sweet Potato treats are/were you giving? Where are they made?
    Many years ago, I gave Duck Jerky wrapped around sweetpotato sticks to my Dozer over a several month period. It took me a long time to figure out but they damn near killed him. Once I traced back the timeline of his diminishing health, that led me to the treats...MADE IN CHINA. Grrrr. I always look very closely at labels now.
    I gave him natures variety treats. It says they are made in the USA. I may try them again later on and see how he does. I am still learning, thank you for the China information. I'll make sure to always check that.

8. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads