Help with weight control?

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
she isn't fat. she's 8 months old and still growing, worry when she's about 2 and if she has other issue's , like getting up , that's a problem , or if she's more round then shaped. don't stress it yet. enjoy

OP
Lisabear123

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
she isn't fat. she's 8 months old and still growing, worry when she's about 2 and if she has other issue's , like getting up , that's a problem , or if she's more round then shaped. don't stress it yet. enjoy

That seems to be the insight I'm getting from everyone here. I understand precautionary measures n all, but I also want to feed her enough at 8 months old!

Last edited:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Good Lord... Winston is 8 mos old today & I know he weighs at least 40 pounds!!! He's huge... I don't think Brie looks fat at all. I'm not worrying about Winston yet, he's still a wee babe... Lol

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
PICS agree, she doesn't look fat and since she is still growing I would not cut back on her food just yet, wait until she gets a little closer to a year old and then see how she is, and then if you need to cut back a little it would just be by a 1/4 cup a day.

LariP

Aug 4, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
(HRH) Her Royal Highness Princess Gracie & Princess Amelia Pond (Amy)
Amy's vet suggested we cut her back a bit too when she was in last week for her spay. She's 5 months and 32 lbs. I thought she looked plenty trim, but he said "inside" there is already plenty of "puppy" fat.

And because of her hips it would be better if she is a little underweight. I voiced my concern that if we put her on a "diet" while she's still developing that we could impede bone growth and what she needs to hopefully compensate for the hip issues naturally. He told us to keep her on puppy food until she's 10 or 11 months old (fromm pink bag is what she gets), but to just cut back on the amount. She was getting 1 cup 3 X per day. We've cut her back to 2/3 cup 3X a day plus a little bit that at most equals half a cup that we use as treats. And he sent us home with vitamins to supplement less food. So she still gets the vitamins and nutrients a growing puppy needs without the extra calories and fat.

She looks much thinner than those pics of Brie, but I think partly that is because she's so sleek black, so like most of us look thinner in black so does she.

Ashleym

Community Veteran
Feb 5, 2013
So. Calif.
Bulldog(s) Names
Fergus
Lol my rolly pollie Fergus is 47 lbs at 9 months vet say he looks great. I think Brie looks good from the pix :yes:

Libra926

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher
Staff member
May 5, 2010
Washington
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Vegas and Orion
Just keep in mind....the trimmer you can keep them the better for their health. Those pictures for 8 months look fine to me...but as she gets older you will want to see a more defined waist.

The trimmer you can keep her now as a puppy...the better. It's harder to get the weight off them when they are older.

Staff online

Members online