Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: number of times you changed food until you found the 'right' one?

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member Maximus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Patrick
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: number of times you changed food until you found the 'right' one?

Maximus was on 4-5 different dog foods before I found 2 that agreed with him. He came to me from the breeder being fed Eukanuba. He clearly had a reaction and allergies as a result of that food. I switched him to Innova, EVO, Orijen, TOTW, Canidae until I finally realized that he apparently had a "Grain Allergy". I switched him to FROMM Grain-Free Surf & Turf, and CALIFORNIA NATURAL Grain-Free Lamb Meal. He is a different dog. He is gorgeous, his coat is beautiful, and his skin is no longer red and inflammed.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Pepper. The Belle of Birming'am
    Likes (Received)

Here is another all natural brand.
    http://www.bluebuffalo.com

Some great ingredients but the only issue I have is that they use Garlic as an ingredient.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

I will be starting Silva on Fromm (I believe it is the duck and sweet potatoe) on friday the local pet store had to order it for me. this will be her third food she was on Iams from the breeder and recently on California Natural Chicken but have heard such good things about fromm and cant wait to start it! I also started her on Herring oil (pretty much same thing as salmon oil) and have already noticed she feels softer! Also last week started her on pumpkin OMG she loves it, and her poops have been good!! lol! Thank goodness she doesnt have bad allergies so I have been lucky. Good luck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads