General Question Dry Nose...

May 18, 2011
New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Oliver
We switched from Vaseline to Aquaphor, mostly because Oliver hates the smell of Vaseline. He still rubs his face all over everything when gets Aquaphor, though.

OP
SuggieMama

SuggieMama

Aug 5, 2012
fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
Ok so I was using snout soother 2xs a day and then switched to Vaseline last couple days and not noticing ANY difference... He is on blue Buffallo wilderness salmon and he gets cocunut oil and (lately) hemp seed oil in his food and I always put Ice in his water.... Should I go straight for vitamin b or try one of the other balms? He licks EVERYTHING off. It feels very dry and brittle... :( , I'm getting frustrated, he went to vet last month and had full physical and is in perfect health... But his nose his lumpy and bumpy on top and real rough.am I being impatient? Am I taking proper steps? Is there something that can be prescribed?

OP
SuggieMama

SuggieMama

Aug 5, 2012
fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1345602987.325099.jpg
Tanks nose.... :/

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Have you tried aquaphor yet?

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Daizy and Dukes mom

Nov 28, 2011
Mansfield, ON
Bulldog(s) Names
Daizy & Duke
I use Invisible Sandal or Vitamin E, could try coconut oil as well. To distract, I give a nice raw bone and they are busy for hours and don't even notice it!

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
Ok so I was using snout soother 2xs a day and then switched to Vaseline last couple days and not noticing ANY difference... He is on blue Buffallo wilderness salmon and he gets cocunut oil and (lately) hemp seed oil in his food and I always put Ice in his water.... Should I go straight for vitamin b or try one of the other balms? He licks EVERYTHING off. It feels very dry and brittle... :( , I'm getting frustrated, he went to vet last month and had full physical and is in perfect health... But his nose his lumpy and bumpy on top and real rough.am I being impatient? Am I taking proper steps? Is there something that can be prescribed?

I'm having the exact same problem, and gave up. He seems to really like the coconut oil from his food, and that gets all over his mouth but then he runs and wipes his face off on the floor, his bed, etc. I even tried just feeding him the coconut oil and "accidentally" rubbing his nose with it :) He figured out what I was doing. He runs, fast, from the Snout Soother and walks away from Vaseline. Maybe I need something that can just drip onto his nose, rather than having to rub it in. He'll let me touch his nose all day until he sees a shiny, oily finger coming at him.

OP
SuggieMama

SuggieMama

Aug 5, 2012
fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
I'm having the exact same problem, and gave up. He seems to really like the coconut oil from his food, and that gets all over his mouth but then he runs and wipes his face off on the floor, his bed, etc. I even tried just feeding him the coconut oil and "accidentally" rubbing his nose with it :) He figured out what I was doing. He runs, fast, from the Snout Soother and walks away from Vaseline. Maybe I need something that can just drip onto his nose, rather than having to rub it in. He'll let me touch his nose all day until he sees a shiny, oily finger coming at him.
i followed the advise i was given and started using Aquaphor 2xs daily (and vite e liquid once in between just to b safe) and its been i wanna say 3 days and ive noticed a big improvement. now the question i have is .... the pieces of skin he did manage to scrape off,does that skin REgenerate? anyone know?

elearn

Bully lovin' gypsy
Community Veteran
Jul 31, 2012
Northern New Jersey
Bulldog(s) Names
Herman
[MENTION=5642]SuggieMama[/MENTION] - ok thank I'm going to try Aquaphor. How do you get him to stay still to put it on?

OP
SuggieMama

SuggieMama

Aug 5, 2012
fl
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
@SuggieMama - ok thank I'm going to try Aquaphor. How do you get him to stay still to put it on?

I tell him SIT and he DOES LOL.... I do hold him by the collar... u should see when i clean his ears.. he puts his head on ground whild his butts in the air.... its SOO CUTE!!! wish i had my kids here so i could take pic...looks like hes bowing.. :heart::angelheart:

Members online