Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Cherry Eye????

Snookie ain't got nuttin on me! Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus (EBD 6/4/11), Chanel (Pitbull 12/23/06)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Cherry Eye????

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    I was going to tell you that you how to massage it and you need to by a little firm but I see you got it. You should massage it even when it is not popped out too...it will help believe me. Gracie was getting them here and there and when we started the massing it hasn't been back in months. Brutus cherry eye didn't look to bad either...actually looked just like Gracie's did. You keep massaging daily for a week or so and hopefully it won't come back. Good job girl. I know when my mom tried messaging it in she couldn't do it either. Then I watched the video and popped it right back on and showed her how to do it. I don't think you will have a problem with it if you keep up the massaging. Good Job Snook!!!!
    @ChanelnBrutus
    Thanks Meg! I actually tottally forgot Gracie had it too! I was scared about pressing too hard but it worked! I hope it stays..I also used a hot compress after to try and help it...We are going to vet tommorow for some drops and have a look at it. Ill take an updated pic once he wakes up
    Everyone wants to kiss a bullie

Cooper11

Quote Originally Posted by ChanelnBrutus View Post
    Thanks Meg! I actually tottally forgot Gracie had it too! I was scared about pressing too hard but it worked! I hope it stays..I also used a hot compress after to try and help it...We are going to vet tommorow for some drops and have a look at it. Ill take an updated pic once he wakes up
    to me it didn't look too bad when it was popped out. I really believe you won't have much more problems with it if you keep up the massaging. I know what you mean about not pressing to hard...but when we itch out eye and stuff we can push pretty firm on our own eyes...that is how I would describe as far as firmness for the bullies. You got it figured out! I am hoping and thinking since he is 10 months and its just starting hopefully it will be an easy fix with just some mommy care. The face it went it with the massaging it great. I know @BrooklynStar Dozers wouldn't go back it....it just stayed out! Bru auntie Megan is thinking of your cute little butt!!!

Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper11 View Post
    to me it didn't look too bad when it was popped out. I really believe you won't have much more problems with it if you keep up the massaging. I know what you mean about not pressing to hard...but when we itch out eye and stuff we can push pretty firm on our own eyes...that is how I would describe as far as firmness for the bullies. You got it figured out! I am hoping and thinking since he is 10 months and its just starting hopefully it will be an easy fix with just some mommy care. The face it went it with the massaging it great. I know @BrooklynStar Dozers wouldn't go back it....it just stayed out! Bru auntie Megan is thinking of your cute little butt!!!
    Yea I am hoping it just stays in and doesnt happen again! He had such a horrible couple weeks after his surgery with seizures, bleeding I dont want to chance it ever again! Thanks again for thinking of us! He just woke up b.c I dropped the remote and its okay now! Thanks again

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Ftse has cherry eye at the moment when it first happened the vet put him on eye ointment and after three days it had gone completely and as soon as we stopped the ointment it popped out again and much bigger and redder and the ointment this time is not doing anything at all. ftse is scheduled for surgery on the 20th April for it to be stiched back in hopefully this will fix it for good. I truly hope so as I am not feeling too good about him having surgery.

-br-144-jpg

Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Ftse 100 View Post
    Ftse has cherry eye at the moment when it first happened the vet put him on eye ointment and after three days it had gone completely and as soon as we stopped the ointment it popped out again and much bigger and redder and the ointment this time is not doing anything at all. ftse is scheduled for surgery on the 20th April for it to be stiched back in hopefully this will fix it for good. I truly hope so as I am not feeling too good about him having surgery.

-br-144-jpg
    Luckily I massaged it back yesterday and fingers crossed today everything looks good. His eye is slightly red so we are going to the vet to have a check. How old is Ftse? Have you tried the massaging?

Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Luckily I massaged it back yesterday and fingers crossed today everything looks good. His eye is slightly red so we are going to the vet to have a check. How old is Ftse? Have you tried the massaging?
    Only by putting the ointment in, I am not sure how you actually do it but I am really interested in trying after reading a lot that have massaged it back in and so have not had to have surgery, can you tell me how to do it?. I am happy to hear that it worked for Brutus.
    Ftse is 22 weeks today.
    Attachment 19562
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails -br-144-jpg  

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

@Ftse 100 Try reading through this and hopefully it will help you .... http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...ow-to-treat-it

Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Only by putting the ointment in, I am not sure how you actually do it but I am really interested in trying after reading a lot that have massaged it back in and so have not had to have surgery, can you tell me how to do it?. I am happy to hear that it worked for Brutus.
    Ftse is 22 weeks today.
    Attachment 19562
    Sorry about the late response. My phone died and couldnt respond! I made sure I washed my hands very good and dried. I layed Brutus on his side and closed his eye (once you put your finger near it they usuallly will close it. I took my pointer finger and pressed firmley but not hard on the corner of the eye where the gland popped and massage it in a circular motion for about 45-50 seconds and then press firmly no movement for about 15 seconds. There are some videos I suggest watching first. Its not difficult but its an eye and we want to be sure we dont do anything to damage further. l I would give it a shot before opting for surgery. Hopefully it goes back in and doesnt happen again. Allso I heard that sometimes there could be an eye infection. We went to vet today and they said his eye looks good and no infections ...Keep me posted

Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    @Ftse 100 Try reading through this and hopefully it will help you .... http://www.englishbulldognews.com/fo...ow-to-treat-it
    Thank you

Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Smile Re: Cherry Eye????

Sorry about the late response. My phone died and couldnt respond! I made sure I washed my hands very good and dried. I layed Brutus on his side and closed his eye (once you put your finger near it they usuallly will close it. I took my pointer finger and pressed firmley but not hard on the corner of the eye where the gland popped and massage it in a circular motion for about 45-50 seconds and then press firmly no movement for about 15 seconds. There are some videos I suggest watching first. Its not difficult but its an eye and we want to be sure we dont do anything to damage further. l I would give it a shot before opting for surgery. Hopefully it goes back in and doesnt happen again. Allso I heard that sometimes there could be an eye infection. We went to vet today and they said his eye looks good and no infections ...Keep me posted
    I will definately try this today, we have visited the vet three times for this and they reckon its not an infection but now when you go to put the ointment in he really fights it, maybe it is sore or he just fed up with the ointment we certainly dont like it in our eyes! I am so long in responding due to the time difference. Thanks and i will keep you posted.

Real Name
    Rosemarie
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

I will definately try this today, we have visited the vet three times for this and they reckon its not an infection but now when you go to put the ointment in he really fights it, maybe it is sore or he just fed up with the ointment we certainly dont like it in our eyes! I am so long in responding due to the time difference. Thanks and i will keep you posted.

Just realized your in Australia! Hope it helps..Of course they wanna do the surgery $$$...If we can prevent surgery then thats great not for money but for the health of our bullies...Praying all goes well! YOu might have to try a couple times but read and look at the videos to help too!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

How is his eye doing?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads