Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Absolutely heartbreaking. When I first got Jax I used to take him there once a month for a bath but then I found out he would just sit in a crate for hours and hours and that was the end. Thank god nothing ever happened to him. I couldn't even imagine.

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
I just cringe when I read those stories

I swear it keeps me from shopping there, I can't stand to even go in the door.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
:(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
It seems that every time something happens like this...there is so little remorse and total denial.
"I didn't do nuthin'! The dog just died on me. I guess it had a heart attack and then fell off the grooming table. I dunno...when I went to lunch it was standing there just fine and when I got back it was uh, hanging."
Sickening

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Nobody bathes our dogs but us. We take them to the Petco self-bathing facilities and do it ourselves. No being stuck in a cage with a hot hair dryer blowing on them.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Nobody bathes our dogs but us. We take them to the Petco self-bathing facilities and do it ourselves. No being stuck in a cage with a hot hair dryer blowing on them.

As soon as I found out they were stuck in cages for hours I said hell no. The good thing though is Jax never got the blow dryer because he would go crazy over it. Possibly a life saver for him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I take my pups to the local groomers here... they use a fan on them, and basically let them air dry. I'm also lucky that they call me as soon as they are finished so I can immediately pick them up. They both are wonderful ladies, and they keep a close eye on the brac breeds... I consider them dear friends. IMO it's these chains that have the issues... people who obviously don't care about dogs in the first place, and don't take their job seriously. I have never in my life considered a job demeaning... whether cleaning houses or making burgers at Wendy's... I always strived to do MY best at work. Something that in todays world doesn't seem to be taught or stressed.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
As most knows my 2 lonnies gets their little “spa” days on regular basis unless it’s too cold out their. Summer they have their pool. I would never put any of them in a waiting cage. Nyala is a diva but Duke is terrified of baths, nail clipping, water etc. why I need to do both together so he sees his big sister enjoying her spa n it’s not so bad. i would be worried sick for his nail clipping. He is extremely powerful n will hang himself. I’m glad I don’t have a long hair dog. Then I would have to learn grooming. I’m the...how do I say...I never trusted anyone with my kids ( growing up ) nor my dogs unless it’s family. I know I’m the odd ball.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
As most knows my 2 lonnies gets their little “spa” days on regular basis unless it’s too cold out their. Summer they have their pool. I would never put any of them in a waiting cage. Nyala is a diva but Duke is terrified of baths, nail clipping, water etc. why I need to do both together so he sees his big sister enjoying her spa n it’s not so bad. i would be worried sick for his nail clipping. He is extremely powerful n will hang himself. I’m glad I don’t have a long hair dog. Then I would have to learn grooming. I’m the...how do I say...I never trusted anyone with my kids ( growing up ) nor my dogs unless it’s family. I know I’m the odd ball.

I give both mine a bath myself. Jax gets them more frequently because of his allergies. We grind Jax's nails ourselves but I have to take Louie to get his done because now that he is bigger, just can't hold him still. The daycare he goes to has a groomer on site so last time he was there I had them do his nails so they just pull him out from playing and then he goes right back when done.

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
WTH? says Tank. I get bathed once a week in my moms shower by my mom, wiped with fluffy hot towels, then I have a rolling session on the carpet, get some jerky for being such a good boy and have no intention to go anywhere else for hygiene:no: I also let my mom clip my nails and file every nail and paw pads smooth with Scholl velvet pedi electric file! So I never go to Petsmart:no:

OP
bulldogs1501

bulldogs1501

Dec 22, 2017
NJ
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Moose
WTH? says Tank. I get bathed once a week in my moms shower by my mom, wiped with fluffy hot towels, then I have a rolling session on the carpet, get some jerky for being such a good boy and have no intention to go anywhere else for hygiene:no: I also let my mom clip my nails and file every nail and paw pads smooth with Scholl velvet pedi electric file! So I never go to Petsmart:no:

Does he like having his nails clipped? We do it ourselves for Moose too, but he has to be in a deep sleep and even in his sleep he just pulls his paw away.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Never would take dogs to "commercial" store. Shopping-there toys,supplies are much to expensive!

Lalaloopsie

Apr 18, 2016
Cape Town, SA
Country
Belarus
Bulldog(s) Names
Tank
He is not very happy about nail clipping, he is watching closely my every move and sometimes after 3 paws are done gets up and walks away, then he gets a lot of hugs and kisses and treats and comes back and his last paw is done. He is very wary of this buzzing Scholl file:) but he is a very docile dog, he lets me do all sorts of hygienic procedures:)

Members online

No members online now.