Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Miley Cyrus and the American condition

What she said @JAKEISGREAT
    Have a Great Bully Day.
    Member of The Bulldog Club of America, The Bulldog Club of Texas and French Bulldog Club of America.
    Bully hugs from - BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri & Katie

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

>Sigh< I can never keep my mouth shut...

No matter what party, politics, religion (or none), sexual orientation, genetic
    background, color of skin and any other interests/beliefs you have, belong to
    and/or participate in...we can all agree that America is in BIG trouble and there
    doesn't seem to be any real leadership at her helm. We, as a people, have become
    divided and it IS the political parties that have done this and we have allowed it.

I have stopped listening to any of them and, in fact, have stopped voting because
    I believe, it is not WE, the people, calling the shots and haven't for longer than I
    suspect it done. Government is intrusive and over reaching the function it was
    created to do and the purpose it was created for, it is now~the wrecking ball~
    not Miley Cyrus!

Much love to all here and may GOD bless us, each one.

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Pet Sitter
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Luca Brasi
    Likes (Received)

You are the best, Carol

If my dog doesn't doesnt go to heaven then neither am I.

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Tracey
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Willow (2015) Walter (2014) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post
    >Sigh< I can never keep my mouth shut...

No matter what party, politics, religion (or none), sexual orientation, genetic
    background, color of skin and any other interests/beliefs you have, belong to
    and/or participate in...we can all agree that America is in BIG trouble and there
    doesn't seem to be any real leadership at her helm. We, as a people, have become
    divided and it IS the political parties that have done this and we have allowed it.

I have stopped listening to any of them and, in fact, have stopped voting because
    I believe, it is not WE, the people, calling the shots and haven't for longer than I
    suspect it done. Government is intrusive and over reaching the function it was
    created to do and the purpose it was created for, it is now~the wrecking ball~
    not Miley Cyrus!

Much love to all here and may GOD bless us, each one.
    Much agreed, and I agree w/those above... NO POLITICS!!! God help me FB is bad enough... LOL

"What we once enjoyed and deeply loved, we can never lose, for all that we love deeply becomes a part of us." Helen Keller
    RIP Wellie, Bella, Winston & Roxie

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Agreed no politics. With the different beliefs everyone has there is no right or wrong just arguments, hurt feelings and friendships lost.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Agreed!

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart! Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Chris
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post
    A friend attended the funeral of her son's '30 something' friends who'd lost
    their newborn within a day of birth. She reported that many of the women
    were dressed as if to go clubbing~too much makeup, minis, low cut tops &
    stilettos...all this while looking at a tiny white casket.

Sexy is not about nakedness, lack of modesty, shock value or immoral behavior.

Self respect, dignity, womanliness, self awareness, mystery & confidence create
    sexiness and of course pride...a proud woman will not cheapen herself and knows,
    she'll never have to.

Well said, Carol! I am continually amazed at how women dress today! We have had to incorporate a new dress code in our program for students so that we don't have to see cleavage--front or back. The lack of self-respect (or maybe just the lack of a good mirror) makes me very sad. When I think about how hard we worked to be taken seriously in the 60s and 70s, I am saddened by what I see as a setback in women's issues. I partied with the best of them (sure wish I had known you then!) but never cheapened myself.

"Dogs have a way of finding the people who need them and
    filling an emptiness we didn't even know we had."

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
    Likes (Received)

Umm @ChrisRN. I resemble some of those remarks but love ya! And I may be easy but I'm not cheap, lol. However, I do agree there is a time and a place for certain attire.

I'm a good girl, I promise

Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

My differing opinions would NEVER come between any here, just too much love on
    either side! I am not the typical Christian, came to Jesus late in life and it's a personal
    thang, a one-on-one between me & Him. WHO am I to preach to someone else? I leave
    that to Jesus too.

When I was maybe 3rd grade so 9 or 10 y/o, Mother was railing against black people.
    She'd been listening to Ali and she thought him arrogant (and uppity, I'm sure). I'd
    listened to her takes on what was happening in America and remember being surprised,
    confused and scared...scared because I didn't agree at all with her racial profiling and
    hate talk, scared because I loved Mother and that she was such a good person and that
    she could think this way and scared because it was happening all over America...on TV.

Gathering all my courage, I confronted Mother with...What if your skin was black? What if
    people treated you less than an animal? Don't you think they feel the same way about life
    as you do, to work, to live, to raise their kids in good schools in good neighborhoods?

I don't really remember her replies (don't think she had any really) just her surprise.

Sadly, I don't think it made her think any deeper or changed her mind, Mother was a product
    of her time & not enough education and/or exposure to the world other than rural farming in
    Arkansas.

I was born in 1955 and even at 10, I understood that the majority of people were led in their
    opinions, beliefs & actions by following unscrupulous, greedy & selfish 'leaders' working their
    own agendas and NOT for the betterment of their constituents. I became an individualist and
    stayed that way, independent, rebellious & suspicious of power, money & might as it seems,
    it is not handled well, generously or thoughtfully.

Diversity need not divide us but could empower us all if we would break free of the mind police
    and the shackles we willingly allow to restrain us from action. There is a reason there has been
    the dumbing down of our schools for years and we are seeing the results.

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by agingermom View Post
    Umm @ChrisRN. I resemble some of those remarks but love ya! And I may be easy but I'm not cheap, lol. However, I do agree there is a time and a place for certain attire.
    I so concur...it cost a lot to maintain my 'look'...I let Stuart know right up front, I
    was high maintence...fortunately, he liked it...a lot!

I was sexy, dressed sexy, when I got comments my reply was 'they'll be sagging
    to my knees soon enough and when they are, I won't dress like this' and knew too,
    one day, you'll be to old to want to go out & party all night and won't be able to so
    I gave it all I had and I'm so glad I did...no regrets!

I have plenty of stilettos (love sexy shoes) many bought for me by my beloved and
    brought home...now ladies, THAT's a keeper!...love low cut tops, cut offs & minis.
    Turned men's heads all the time, loved doing that, and I'm a flirt & a tease but I do
    that with babies, old men AND women...spread the love around...everyone loves
    attention paid only to them...there's nothing wrong with any of that!

No one is a bigger cheerleader than me for individual expression and non judgemental
    acceptance but the reality is...we DO judge. I paid a BIG price for being the way I was
    but it was my choice and I paid up and continued to do my own thang.

Still, I have self pride & self respect and I know...you do too.

Miley Cyrus (who I have compassion for not anger) & those like her do not even know
    what boundaries there are OR if there are any now...they are lost...it's tragic.

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JAKEISGREAT View Post
    Absolutely spot on...sadly. My granddaughter...9 years old....really, really loved Hannah Montana. I have to admit, she always bugged me because I don't like her Dad..:/. But..it was very safe entertainment for my granddaughter. I hate to see her spiral downward..I only hope she lives at the end.
    Becky, I happened to be sitting in a truck stop in Tampa FL, I can't remember the date, But the day everyone remembers, OJ Simpson verdict announcement for his wife's murder. Billy Ray Cirus's Tour bus pulled into the truck stop, The song "Ache Brakey Heart" was hot on the charts, I enjoyed it very much. Billy Ray sat in the restaurant back behind me and the guys i was having lunch with. A Lady from a table in front of me, walked back to Cyrus, and asked for an autograph, We all just chuckled, knowing every one of us would like to have one….. Billy told her nice and loud, he was having lunch, but after lunch would give her an autograph. The lady went and sat back down at her table with her family. The restaurant filled up quickly, everyone seeing his tour bus in the parking lot, The waitresses were working hard to clean tables, get people in and out. I heard the waitress tell the lady that asked for the autograph, they couldn't just loiter in the restaurant, others wanted in and to get fed, it was a truck stop, So this lady stood up, walked towards the buffett to get another plate to comply with the waitress, in walking back, she walked past Syrus, in doing so, Billy Ray said loudly, Lady, I told you, you cannot have an autograph until after I eat, so now you a'nt getting one! Well the lady was in tears, and walked out, The truck drivers in their commented to him, he was an ***!!, the regular patrons all heard what was happening, and some truck driver told Syrus, Who do you think you are anyway, This is a truck stop, your a bus Rider, you need to go find a McDonalds to eat at, your not welcome here!! It wasn't long after that day, that Syrus career went down hill in a spiral, thinking that wasn't the first time he was confronted for his behavior, and knowing those truck drivers carried that story everywhere they went. I'm a strong believer in the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, wondering how long his daughters career will last? True Story.

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Casper View Post
    Becky, I happened to be sitting in a truck stop in Tampa FL, I can't remember the date, But the day everyone remembers, OJ Simpson verdict announcement for his wife's murder. Billy Ray Cirus's Tour bus pulled into the truck stop, The song "Ache Brakey Heart" was hot on the charts, I enjoyed it very much. Billy Ray sat in the restaurant back behind me and the guys i was having lunch with. A Lady from a table in front of me, walked back to Cyrus, and asked for an autograph, We all just chuckled, knowing every one of us would like to have one….. Billy told her nice and loud, he was having lunch, but after lunch would give her an autograph. The lady went and sat back down at her table with her family. The restaurant filled up quickly, everyone seeing his tour bus in the parking lot, The waitresses were working hard to clean tables, get people in and out. I heard the waitress tell the lady that asked for the autograph, they couldn't just loiter in the restaurant, others wanted in and to get fed, it was a truck stop, So this lady stood up, walked towards the buffett to get another plate to comply with the waitress, in walking back, she walked past Syrus, in doing so, Billy Ray said loudly, Lady, I told you, you cannot have an autograph until after I eat, so now you a'nt getting one! Well the lady was in tears, and walked out, The truck drivers in their commented to him, he was an ***!!, the regular patrons all heard what was happening, and some truck driver told Syrus, Who do you think you are anyway, This is a truck stop, your a bus Rider, you need to go find a McDonalds to eat at, your not welcome here!! It wasn't long after that day, that Syrus career went down hill in a spiral, thinking that wasn't the first time he was confronted for his behavior, and knowing those truck drivers carried that story everywhere they went. I'm a strong believer in the apple doesn't fall far from the tree, wondering how long his daughters career will last? True Story.

This is exactly how I figured he would be. All very sad..

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads