Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: How much to feed my puppy

Sunny is purrrrrty.... let us know how acana is going. You can also add as a topper on Acana, raw organs1/4 cup. Wait till the transition is over, give it a couple weeks with Acana n start adding raw organs. Better than none at all.

Real Name
    Adrian
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Athena
    Likes (Received)

Agreed with first reply if getting fat cut down if getting thin feed more. It’s how I base my feed on all my dogs

Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sunny
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by helsonwheels View Post
    Sunny is purrrrrty.... let us know how acana is going. You can also add as a topper on Acana, raw organs1/4 cup. Wait till the transition is over, give it a couple weeks with Acana n start adding raw organs. Better than none at all.
    That is a great idea, I was not sure if I could do that since this bullies are so special. Lol. Once the transition is over I will definitely try this out. Like you say, it’s better some then nothing.

6. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Mary
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jackson, Bogey (granddog) Ruger (granddog)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by SunnyThebully View Post
    Is there a particular kind I should get from the suggested brands?
    Our Jackson started out on Fromm's 4 Star. He thrived but started developing allergies. I did alot of research because Fromm's does not have a truly single protein bag. Started with stella and chewy's and he did great, but it is hard to get consistently. Petsupermarket sells it but the stocking is very limited. I tried to order it directly from Stella's web and it says you can only get it in the store or online from Petsupermarket. Tried both. Both "out of stock". Gave up an dwent to ACANA single protein ( started with Lamb and apple grain free). Jackson is THRIVING on it! His stools are firm, and MUCH less than what he did on Fromma AND Stella's. I noticed yesterday his shedding is much less too! Highly recommend canned pumpkin during the transition. I also give Jackson a TBSP of Apple cider vinegar in his food twice a day. He loves it.!!
    "We never really own a dog as much as they own us!"

8. Likes helsonwheels liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous helsonwheels's Avatar
    Real Name
    Helene
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
    Likes (Received)

@mer55. Definitely Acana has the highest count of protein from meat form. The problem is people are not reading the % of the meat in their bags but just see bags says ex..40% of protein. Most companies will add the legumes in that protein %. Legumes are cheap & they save $$ by doing that. Acana has an average between 3-6g only the rest is protein from meat. Why legumes are great fillers to save $.

The other thing is also if people did the math, if you feed a raw diet, it basically comes out to the same price as a high quality kibble. Calculate your cups x lbs/kilos per bag. Definitely you need to shop around for raw as some are ridiculously high for no reason. Some are buying it at
    co-op or ask your butcher or simply do it yourself. Also a dog eats less on a raw diet.

10. Likes mer55, 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads