Travel advice, please

Corea99

Aug 26, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Finley
All,

We are soon to set out on a 2-3 day cross-country drive. Outside of stopping for potty/walk breaks every 4 hours, any advice? :halloween6:

Thanks

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
hummmmmmm, take water for all, make sure the temperature is good in the car always, Is your pup used to the car so not stressed on shorter rides? My hank loves um so that part is no prob but some stress so you want to make sure you know how to alleviate that as best you can... benidril? cbd oil? .... Right now cant think of much else except enjoy :) and if something comes to mind, i'll bring it to ya ;)

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Take any and all doggie meds if you have them.
Also take some Immodium and Pepcid in case of diarrhea or upset stomach
Take a few extra towels, bath or beach.
Baby wipes
Poop bags
Bottled water and a small stainless bowl
a Kennel
We always put kibble meals in separate sandwich bags with any meds or supplements, including an extra day or so, just in case.
I haven't slept too good for the past few days and I'm a bit foggy...that's all I can come up with right now.
Enjoy!

OP
Corea99

Corea99

Aug 26, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Finley
hummmmmmm, take water for all, make sure the temperature is good in the car always, Is your pup used to the car so not stressed on shorter rides? My hank loves um so that part is no prob but some stress so you want to make sure you know how to alleviate that as best you can... benidril? cbd oil? .... Right now cant think of much else except enjoy :) and if something comes to mind, i'll bring it to ya ;)

Thanks for your advice. He loves looking out the car window or snoozing. I love the water bowl from PetCo. It sits on the seat and does not move or splash. How cool is that?!

OP
Corea99

Corea99

Aug 26, 2018
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Finley
Take any and all doggie meds if you have them.
Also take some Immodium and Pepcid in case of diarrhea or upset stomach
Take a few extra towels, bath or beach.
Baby wipes
Poop bags
Bottled water and a small stainless bowl
a Kennel
We always put kibble meals in separate sandwich bags with any meds or supplements, including an extra day or so, just in case.
I haven't slept too good for the past few days and I'm a bit foggy...that's all I can come up with right now.
Enjoy!

You are fine. Imodium and Pepcid are grand ideas. All else is on my list.

Jeremy Ford

Nov 4, 2018
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cash
Like he said, make sure you have plenty of water. Chances are the pup will lose interest after 20-30 min and fall askeep. Haha

Members online

No members online now.