My 13 week old bulldog overweight?? Help please!!

OP
S

Skilzzy

Jul 28, 2017
Country
Norway
Bulldog(s) Names
Achilles
I would feed him 3 times a day with measured amounts... free feeding will cause him to overeat, and with a heart condition you need to keep him on the slim side. He is absolutely adorable...
Thanks for your input.. i will be decreasing to 3 times a day from now on forward

OP
S

Skilzzy

Jul 28, 2017
Country
Norway
Bulldog(s) Names
Achilles
As others have said- I wouldn't free feed. Puppies will eat, and eat, and eat some more. They don't just stop when they are full. Granted, they should burn the calories a lot faster. Best practice is to use specified meal times. Read the feeding instructions on your bag for a puppy his age, and divide it up into about 3-4 meals a day :) Bullies easily pack on the pounds- we are currently working on helping our 2.5 year old Effie to lose some weight. It's not as easy to lose once they've put it on! (Her issue was my husband giving WAY to much people foods lol). With their weight issues, and heart condition you mentioned it would be best to track how much food you actually are feeding on a daily basis, in case issues arise in the future.

Good luck! You're baby is beautiful.

We are currently feeding him at spesific times of the day
Sometimes he eats alot sometimes less.. but after reading several comments we've decided to CUT down to three meals

OP
S

Skilzzy

Jul 28, 2017
Country
Norway
Bulldog(s) Names
Achilles
How much in 4x a day....and what's the puppy food?

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Something called VOM. ITS a HIGH quality puppy food here in Norway

OP
S

Skilzzy

Jul 28, 2017
Country
Norway
Bulldog(s) Names
Achilles
You must understand also, that puppy food is very rich in nutrients, it's pretty much like fertiliser:) so you cannot free feed wth it, as you don't want your bullie nor to be fat, neither to grow too fast, very quick growth is also kind of strain on his heart. So, adjust the amount, best is strictly in grams, not in cups, and he will become better in a month or so.

Thank you so much for your tips! We wil be cutting down to three meals a day. And We'll try to follow the label on the food

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Hi and Thank you so much for your input. Always Great to meet a fellow scandinaviian:)
We are feeding him Norwegian vom the highquality Brand:)

Great! I think you should go by their recommendations regarding quantity. Hopefully, [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION] will be able to give you input on how much raw to feed your pup - she's an expert!

Members online

No members online now.