New to the world of Bulldogs and have so many questions!

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
[MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] Thank you so much for that link. I tried searching it after hankster mentioned it and was completely lost. I'll go through that feed later :)

I'm going to look into other kibbles. Zignature is not bad, but she's definitely not loving it. Does anyone ever use the dehydrated raw foods like honest kitchen for dinner and then a kibble for breakfast? Obviously it would be something I would want to transition her slowly into. I just want to make sure she's getting as many nutrients in her food as possible. We will be doing some road trips, so having her on kibble during those times would be ideal.

[MENTION=16884]Dollys Owner[/MENTION] that makes total sense about the allergy medicine. I myself go through different medicines to avoid tolerance, so it makes sense Elsa would have the same issues!

You all are so great and helpful! Thank you so much.

Nyala eats everything and anything thats homemade. I want her to taste all sorts (grain free) so hsr system gets use to it. I dont believe in giving just one sort of food. Can you imagine eating the same every single day? Why Nyala eats from raw, HK, Spot farms turkey, acana duck or lamb, all fresh fruits n veggies. Right now she's eating acana duck mix with spot farms turkey. And yes its balanced so she had the right amount of protein. If im on the road or traveling I can just grab a can of salmon or give her what im eating. Duke eats raw n acana puppy. Right now hes only on acana till he gets his stools n training on track. But he will eat like Nyala. Also I did start her on one protein per month like that you eliminate what doesn't work with your dog. Duke will be doing the same soon.

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
I have one dog that is on 50% nutrience sub zero and 50% grand cru dehydrated raw at the moment, with no problems. I think it's a myth that you can't mix kibble and raw.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Nyala eats everything and anything thats homemade. I want her to taste all sorts (grain free) so hsr system gets use to it. I dont believe in giving just one sort of food. Can you imagine eating the same every single day? Why Nyala eats from raw, HK, Spot farms turkey, acana duck or lamb, all fresh fruits n veggies. Right now she's eating acana duck mix with spot farms turkey. And yes its balanced so she had the right amount of protein. If im on the road or traveling I can just grab a can of salmon or give her what im eating. Duke eats raw n acana puppy. Right now hes only on acana till he gets his stools n training on track. But he will eat like Nyala. Also I did start her on one protein per month like that you eliminate what doesn't work with your dog. Duke will be doing the same soon.

Just ditto ing on this :) Pretty much exactly what has worked for us... and As far as just kibble one meal, and then the honest kitchen the other, that could have been me asking ;) I have been incorporating the Acana duck into the 'mix' so I too, when traveling, could do one or the other, or the other.. lol So, this morning, I was still out of town and just had the duck left so that's what he ate.. , soooooooooo, tonight will be the kindly with turkey or beef :) I think you have a good plan.. If your dog has been used to switching, I think it's perfect personally :)

OP
SLCBully

SLCBully

Jun 8, 2017
SLC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Elsa
Great! Thank you all so much :) I have a day off tomorrow and am going to the pet store to get Elsa some new food. I'm thinking a game bird, like duck, kibble to get her off of the current fish kibble she's on. Her allergies aren't getting worse right now, but if I can help her with her diet I really want to. Elsa definitely gets bored with both food and toys :no: but we will keep her happy by giving her variety in both! You all are great!

Members online

No members online now.