Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm so glad he did well with his surgery. I hope he has a good outcome and his recovery goes well. It will help to have him at the vets for a few days post op to keep him quiet and pain free and where they will be able to monitor him on a regular basis. Keeping my fingers and toes cross that this surgery takes and he's back to himself soon. Please keep us posted on how he's doing.

KatieToth

Julius-K9 Sales Representative
Jun 7, 2015
Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Noah Jack
I am sitting here in shock and could cry at any moment. So Radar had his 2nd ACL surgery 2 weeks ago, I took him to the vet for an x-ray to see how things were going cause he doesn't seem to be healing as fast as the first time -- thought that may happen since it was time 2 -- went to pick him and the news is worse then I could have ever imagined. He has somehow lost another screw we have tried both times to be so careful with him. Doc said he would try 1 more time and do both of the procedures they have to fix his ACL. So Wednesday is the day and if this doesn't work they will have to take his leg. I am shopping for a new sling for him any suggestions? should I also buy him some diapers? I guess we are going to have to use the Ace unless anyone knows of anything else that will make him sleep. I talked to the vet about it and she said if he hadn't had his palate shortened and his nares widened she would be very hesitant but since those are fixed seems confident so I guess that is the route I will have to take so we can get him healed. I am the most awful mom in the world to him and it is just killing me

Wow.. I'm really sorry to hear that. I know swimming could be a great way to help healing injuries. A few months ago I bought an IDC multifunctional vest by julius k9. One of the functions is rehabilitation. As a swimming vest it’s practical help for hydro- therapy – with reducing or increasing the number of the floating pads you can change the level of excercises. With a strong handle and a ring for the leash it’s easy to control or hold your dog. It is actually highly recommended for those dog breeds (English and French Bulldogs) which are more challenged in swimming due to their physical abilities. Also when (or if you) are going up on stares, you can grab your dog by the handle to decrease pressure on their spinal cord and sensitive joints. I would definitely give a shot for this vest. Even if you decided it is not the product that would help you, you will have a neoprene jacket, which will protect your dog from the rain, wind and cold. Hoping the best for you!

Members online

No members online now.