AngAngeles13

AngAngeles13

Jul 18, 2013
Dallas, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Khaleesi
Yeah, i keep her bedding simple until she gets the hang of things. Don't make it harder if yourself if you do need to wash it. Maybe if you can try picking up the water n setting your clock again. Granted, at her age she should be able to hold it for about 7 hours, but every dog is different. Females can't hold their bladder as long as males, and make sure she doesn't have any chew toys in her crate at night as chewing can also promote having to pee. The things we oh through for our furry babies I swear! Lol but in the end, they really are worth it. I have a 14 1/2 yo female shiba inu who can no longer tell when she had to poop so I'm cleaning poo out if her crate daily. She can still hold her per, but I can tell it's getting more difficult for her.

My mom's 13 year old Akita is getting to that point I think too. Poor babies.
We ventured out last night and allowed her to sleep in her fluffy dog bed next to our bed, and she slept from 10:00pm until 7:00 am! No accidents, etc. Before I could mention it, I heard my husband give her water around 9:00, so we got lucky there!

TLindstrom

Oct 12, 2013
Upper Peninsula of Michigan
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Spartacus
I sleep with my mastiff, lab, and olde english bulldog. I get the least amount of room, but we all sleep fairly well. Originally my bulldog wanted to sleep in the living room on the couch but gradually worked his way into the bed. The biggest issue is his loud snoring in my ear cause he has to share the pillow with me. I wouldn't have it any other way. I love all the snuggles!

Lisabear123

Community Veteran
Jul 2, 2013
Hoschton, Ga
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Brie
My mom's 13 year old Akita is getting to that point I think too. Poor babies.
We ventured out last night and allowed her to sleep in her fluffy dog bed next to our bed, and she slept from 10:00pm until 7:00 am! No accidents, etc. Before I could mention it, I heard my husband give her water around 9:00, so we got lucky there!

It's when they get older n things start going wacky or just font function well. But they are family and should be treated as such I believe. I'm so glad to hear she slept all night! Maybe she will have another good night! Paws crossed! :)

OP
AngAngeles13

AngAngeles13

Jul 18, 2013
Dallas, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Khaleesi
It's when they get older n things start going wacky or just font function well. But they are family and should be treated as such I believe. I'm so glad to hear she slept all night! Maybe she will have another good night! Paws crossed! :)

She actually did!! Woo hoo! It was your paw crossing that did it.

Members online

No members online now.