ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
She's a little better tonight. I am hoping the med will help. He said to call tomorrow morning if she's still having problems.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
So glad she is feeling better, and resting easier. Good job momma for being persistent. Now you'll be able to sleep better too and not worry. Sending hugs and prayers your way for a quick recovery and continued healing

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Just like skin kids, we know when our fur kids are just not right. I'm so glad that you were persistent. We need to be able to vent and here's a wonderful place to do it where you have support and others that can relate. So glad she's a bit better and I hope she even better in the morning.

Sherry

Jan 15, 2011
Denver PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Jack , Dolly, Grizz, Peggy Sue, and Scrimps
Always go on your gut instincts , it pays off. Who knows what that could of turned into. Infection at the least. You should never feel like a worry wart. think of all those animals that have careless or cruel owners. You see it everyday at the rescues. It's your dollar at the vet. spend it the way you want, they are after all, working for you.

So glad she's doing better, keep up posted

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
You did the right thing. Even if they wouldn't have found anyting, you still would have done the right thing. That's what we do as responsible pet owners- when we think something MAY be wrong, we get it checked out.
How is she doing today?

BruceP

Aug 12, 2010
Milwaukee, WI
Bulldog(s) Names
HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
We had Mabel's surgery a week and a half ago. She's been doing well except for the " crusties" on her nose that have not been helped by the recommendation of a warm wet q-tip. I know I called the vet a lot in the immediate few days after the surgery but was not told that the drainage would actually close a nostril. In other words, the vet tech didn't give me the full picture when I picked her up from her surgery. As of Wednesday evening, she was doing very well and we were sure she was on the mend. Through this all she has been breathing so much better. Then yesterday she started having difficulty when she inhaled, like she was struggling to pull air in. I called the vet this morning and they are working her in today, but I am a bit frustrated. I got the impression they think I am an alarmist who calls unnecessarily all the time. I don't do this. I feel like I am on the defensive going into this appointment. I am frustrated because through all of this I have only been able to talk to vet techs, and never once to the vet.

Sorry if someone already said this, I would tell them exactly what you have said above..... if they give you any negative feedback from telling them how you feel look for a different clinic...

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
So glad you took her in, we know when something isn't right, you can feel it in your gut! I hope she feels better today!

Sent from my iPod touch using Tapatalk :)

Vicaroo1000

"Slug Assassin" and PBS Gardening Dweeb
Jun 23, 2011
Mukilteo, Washington State
Bulldog(s) Names
Beefeater's Buxom Beatrice and Lord Harrington's Bodacious Beauregaard
:2thumbs: Good Job, Chris. I'd have done the same thing --- and probably got snippy about it too. LOL My own health? Who cares. But my DOG'S? Don't mess with this bully mama!

Stephanie Powers (remember her?) said this -- and I've always remembered it...."Sometimes they don't hear you until you scream."

OP
ChrisRN

ChrisRN

Flip'n'bullies stole my heart!
Jan 10, 2013
Muskegon, Michigan, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mabel (20??-2017) Ariel
For the FIRST TIME EVER we have seen (and heard) unlabored respirations from Mabel!!! :2thumbs: She still snores a bit (think God) but she can breathe!! The guaifenesin has broken up the junk and she slept like a baby last night. :D I think we may have turned a corner in making her life much better. She still gets pissed with me when I use the Biobalm on her nose, but she now has a cute little black nose--with nostrils. I love the Elvis sneer she gives me when we're done. She hates the stuff but what a difference it has made!

Members online

No members online now.