Wood? Or Steel? Lol. I also have leather couch and love seat, and I find leather to,be the most durable for me, but my 2 don't dig, chew, or scratch the furniture. They will just lay with us, sometimes I place a folded quilt or blanket on the area where they are laying. I find leather to be the most durable and the easiest to clean. I have a 5 year old Grandson who I look after about 45 hours a week, and he has spilled milk, food, and touched with sticky fingers, and I don't eve r have to,stress about it, I just wipe it with a damp cloth. The dogs get dog hair all over the furniture, and with leather it just wipes off, or I use a Swiffer and it comes right off. If you have material, the hairs will stick to the fabric, and I find with the bullies, they have short hair, and it tends to weave itself into the fabric. I find that happens in the car, the hair gets all over the seats, and it's very difficult to get out of the material. Leather is also thicker and stands up to more wear and tear over time.