Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: how many bullies / dogs / pets do you have?

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member mom2bullies's Avatar
    Real Name
    Myrna
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chesty, Cadence and baby Echo and Mello (Delta)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: how many bullies / dogs / pets do you have?

Quote Originally Posted by Bella'sMom View Post
    We have 3 dogs, 2 English bulldogs(Abby 9, Bella 1) and a Belgium Malanois (Sophie 10). We also have a tortie cat (Daisey) who is 14 going on 5, she is so full of spunk you would think she was a young kitten. We have 2 skin-kids (Pierce 20 and Ian 17) And I would have more of any of these if money was not the issue! (however skin-kids I am a little too old for)
    @mom2bullies, I thought Charli was taken for? If 5 gets to be too much, send Echo this way will ya?
    I thought Charli was too but no answer so I guess no sale.... Daddy won't change his mind on baby echo... I want to name him "Echo of Courage"
    mom2bullies

"For it is not into my ear you whisper, but into my heart.
    It is not my lips you kiss, But my soul"

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

We always had many animals, especially before we had kids. We once had 3 dogs, 10 fish tanks, 3 parakeets, 1 turtle and 1 Sun Conure (parrot).

When we had kids we slowed down on the aquariums and went down to two large ones only. Then our birds all passed on, so we were down to Baby, our English Bulldog, and our son Noah. We started traveling for Cable TV work in 2000. When Baby was stolen from us, we went animal free for two years. I did not think I could ever love another- she was my girl of 8 years. So after 2002 we still had a dog or two with us traveling- but when the kids and I came home in 2008 we filled the aquarium again, and now we have 5 bullies. Chip also has a pet turtle .

We have loved, lost, rehomed, and had my heart broke time and time again. I will admit that every monetary mistake I have ever made in my life concerned my obsession with animals- but they are so worth it. Some people just need animals in their life, and I am one of those people.

I think Bryce is going to have this obsession for animals too. He soooo loves the bulldogs, (he is only two). He sits in front of my computer while I am looking at EBN and each photo I look at he squeals with glee- I think it could be possible he loves bulldogs more than me!!!?

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Pistol Packing Bullyagrapher Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Cheryl
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Vegas and Orion
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Ohhhhhh..so sorry to hear about Baby. Have you already posted the story on this? You poor girl. @desertskybulldogs

Owner/Administrator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lisa
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

We were in Leesburg Florida working, and we decided to come to Tucson for Christmas. So we found a local vet (Leesburg Veterinary Hospital) and boarded her there, thinking that at a vet she would be in the best hands, she was eight years old and especially since we were not familiar with the area.

Well, about 1 week we were home out of 2, Chip woke up one morning and said to me- Call the vet. I have a bad feeling about Baby.

So I did. They said "I am so sorry, but we lost her".

I figured she died. Lost as in died.

Then the next sentence came to me as even more of a shock as the first. Since I was so shocked and had not responded, I guess they felt the need to say something, so they said "We don't know HOW she got out".

WHAT???

I said "You mean You LOST her? YOU LOST MY DOG???!!!"

They said yes, she chewed her way out of the kennell.

Well, we were 2000 miles away, and sick and could do nothing. But as soon as we got back, we called many lawyers and they pretty much were not interested. Then, finally, we spoke to a lawyer who was VERY interested. Turns out he had another regular client of his have his dog got "LOST" the very same day as Baby! And this man was very old, in his 80's, and his dog was his #1 best friend- wife had passed away- and he only put his doggie in there because he was in SURGERY!!!

Anyway, turns out the 'weekend' girl was strung out on drugs, and the two dogs (maybe more- we don't know) got 'lost' under her care. Right before Christmas. We were shocked.

We placed several newspaper ads and even tried using e-mail (internet was not as useful as it is now back then) and put up a $2000 reward for her return. We never found her.

It breaks my heart to this day- because even Noah, who was 3, was effected by his 'best friends' loss. And I would just cry and cry because I had no idea where she was, and if she thought we did this to her- we left her there- what if she was cold? Scared? Oh gosh, it kills me to even think about it. We put much of the blame on ourselves- and said we did not need dogs while traveling because of this. It took us two years to realize it was not our fault.

We did get a settlement of $1500 after 2 years of dealing with it. $1000 of it went to the lawyer. But we did not care- the vet went through 2 years of questions, investigations- ect. We got calls from many supporters. Was worth it.

The worst part is that she was stolen from us when she was a pup too. We put out rewards and flyers- the news even came to our house because they had never seen a reward for $1000 (this was when bullies costed less than $1000) and we did get her back- but we only had $985- they took it. And they came back a week later asking for the other $15.

Boy I was so young and stupid. I should've beat her @ss right then and there. I would now. She was a %&* for even excepting the reward in the first place. Bad thing about Tucson- lots of thieves here. This is why I don't walk my dogs! And I live in a decent neighborhood. But that is where they go to steal!

Here is a pic of Baby- she was the queen of the Sourmug look

Last edited by bullmama; 09-29-2010 at 01:09 AM.

Everyday is a party when you own a bulldog!
    CLICK HERE to Sponsor a rescue Bulldog!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

@desertskybulldogs Oh she has such a sweet face! That is an awful story and I cant imagine how you ever get over something like that. I am glad you guys figured out that it was NOT your fault and beating yourselves up over someone elses greed is just awful. People can be so ugly at times. Ugh....

We just have our 2 boys, Cutty, our english bully, who will be 5 in december and mugsy, our pug, who just turned 4 in sept. Would LOVE to have more bullies one day but we are still building on our 2 legged family so the timing isnt right just yet, maybe in a couple years (unless one knocks on our door). hehe

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

We have Arrow, our St. Bernard. He'll be three in a couple weeks (he was born on my birthday). Then we have Gertie and Ida, our little Bully girls. They both just turned 4 months. I also have a tank of 5 aquatic turtles. That's all. (That's enough). I agree, I can't imagine not having at least a couple dogs. I'm in Mich., visiting my best friend. She said 3 seems like so many (they don't any right now). But I can not imagine not having any dogs. We will have at least a few always.

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

We have six dogs total and one cat.

Coco - shihtzu / poodle mix
    Tia - Miniature Schnauzer
    Kaylie - Schnauzer / poodle mix
    Brandi - Miniature schnauzer
    Bear - Black Lab/Something mix
    Maggie - English Bulldog

Angel - Puss Cat

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

We only have Princess Gracie for four-legged friends but we have LOTS of wet-pets. 10 koi and a few of them we concider real pets. Bruiser is a 26" Chagio koi that prefers to be hand fed and have his back scratched to us just throwing in the food. Many of the koi will had feed but Bruiser is special. We also have several hundred goldies and some of them are pets too. We breed and show fancy goldfish and go all over showing them. Having said this; there is only one Gracie tho.

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Princess Alberta (Bertie) Barkghesi
    Likes (Received)

I have Bertie my English Bulldog 9 months old
    Dexter My Cocker Spaniel 2 years and 2 months old
    Bandit my cat 15 years old
    Misty my 2nd cat 14 years old
    Jazz my third cat 1 year old

Dog Groomer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Nikki
    Wilmington, North Carolina, United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston, Hitch, Layla, Sugar Boo
    Likes (Received)

Chloe, 1 Winston,2 and Hitch,3 are all bullies and they have a 13 1/2 yr old Pomeranian Brother, Mookie. (he is the boss!)

Bulldog(s) Names
    Winston
    Likes (Received)

One - I just adopted my four year old English Bulldog and he is an absolute sweetheart. He acts as though he has always lived with us and is very at home in his new environment. He is loveable, sweet and very well behaved. I just can not understand why anyone did not want to keep such a wonderful animal as their companion!?

It really blows me away..........

Bulldog(s) Names
    Shia
    Likes (Received)

We have 2 bully's living in our home. They are the best of friends. Wheaty is about 1 and a half and Shia is 3 months. Wheaty accepted Shia immediately, Wheaty is also much more playful with a puppy around!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads