Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Crazy Bully Puppy!?

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: Crazy Bully Puppy!?

Sounds like you have done your research. You just have to be VERY consistent with whichever technique you choose to use. Maybe try putting up a baby gate and when he bites hard, make a noise, pick him up and put him behind the gate until he calms down. Then resume play and repeat. I prefer not to use the crate for time out because I want that to be their safe place where they will eventually choose to be to relax and get away (yes, that will eventually happen!).

She will get over it!!! You just have to do it EVERY SINGLE TIME she nips anyone. They are smart, and she will get the idea. lol

Bully lov'in wonder from down under Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Julie
    Country
    Australia
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ftse
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

This brings back memories of Ftse as a tiny puppy and biting and my sore feet.

Real Name
    Jennifer
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Audrey and Ruger
    Likes (Received)

Try spraying some All natural apple or cherry bitter on your feet??
    Matilda is a cutie(my opinion they all stay so darn cute )
    Welcome

Bulldog(s) Names
    Daisy, Peaches, Oliver, Hank and Louie
    Likes (Received)

We just adopted two bully pups, Hank and Louie, who just turned 10 weeks old. They are loveable hellions, and gnaw anything that comes their way. We have found that yelping and pulling back, helps, as does bitter apple spray on our hands. Also, our trainer rec. using a squirt water bottle, which works wonders. Don't say anything when you spray, just do it. It makes them think that the action provokes water, and they stop.

Dog Park Attendant TonkaTruck28's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tonka
    Likes (Received)

We have just started using the coins in a can tactic. Put them in there and shake it when she does something you disagree with. It seems to be working well for Tonka, it's really the only thing that distracts him.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Ari Gold
    Likes (Received)

The same story happened to me. Raising a puppy comes with the battle scars as well. My Ari at 4 months has gotten the picture already. So he only has those accidental bites when we are playing and it isn't the hard chomping bites anymore.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rudy and Mila
    Likes (Received)

Sounds like you have your own jaws on paws. Mila (Jaws on paws 2) Is about 17 weeks and is starting to get over the biting thing. Rudy is helping train her. She is deaf so me, the wife and poor Rudy yelping doesn't help. I use redirection or a quick (not hard) pinch on her behind to help Remind her that biting is not acceptable. Keep working at it, you will find what works for you. Bulldogs are a lot of work but well worth the effort.

Real Name
    Frank
    Country
    Canada
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bongo
    Likes (Received)

-imageuploadedbytapatalk1345710277-762565-jpg
    This is what Bongo did to my nose. He was 9 weeks old when he did this vicious shark puppy teeth. He was a chomper from what I've read that's what they do. What I did to eventually stop it was I found his favorite chewing thing next to my face. When he started chewing my hand or foot I would switch it with that and Intice him and wrestle him with that instead. Proud to say now at 7months he doesn't bite anymore just kisses.

Sent from my iPhone using
    Frank. D
    Thanks,
    Frank & Bongo

Bulldog(s) Names
    Rudy and Mila
    Likes (Received)

@Fbjdd your nose looks like what Mila did to my ear. Hurt for weeks. I have learned to keep ears ans nose away from her.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Coco Snow
    Likes (Received)

Your puppy sounds exactly like our puppy. Ours is almost 5 months old now and has been nipping since day 1 too. Sometimes it really hurt. Fortunately, she has been losing the baby teeth but also I think she is finally starting to catch on that its NOT ok to bite us. Good luck - glad to see that I am not the only one. My husband and I joke because we thought we were getting a lazy dog that is a snuggle bug. This girl (Coco) is a heathen that is really energetic!!

Real Name
    Liz
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bocephus
    Likes (Received)

Mr. Bocephus is 20 months and still has his moments when he would rather chew on us than his toys lol, especially at bedtime. Making sure he has appropriate toys to chew on has really turned him around since the beginning when we were blessed with him at his 15 week birthday. He sleeps with us, and I am pretty sure he believes our king size bed is his own personal trampoline like play lair where love bites (what we have named them) are ok to no avail!!! The only thing we have found that works is just ignoring him completely... we put him in bed, if he starts doing his "oh yea it's bedtime crazy boy circles marathon" we just walk away and he stops pretty much immediately!! Your little sweet baby will stop soon, just give her lots of love until then!!
    ~Whoever said you can't buy happiness forgot about Bulldogs.

Real Name
    Holly
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Matilda (Tilly)
    Likes (Received)

Thank you all for the support and ideas!!! It makes me feel soooo relieved that all of your puppies were the same way - I was so worried it was a permanent issue! It just is getting worse, regardless of all the techniques. Yesterday she bit my face (thankfully didn't break skin, but OUCH!), and today, I picked her up to put her in time-out when she got too rough and she growled and snapped at my face and neck! Awful!

I THANKFULLY found a puppy training class at the local Petsmart that is JUST for puppies around 10wks old with first round of vaccines!!! Yayy! We start next week and the trainer assures me that she'll be well behaved in no time, so here's hoping!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Remove Ads