Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: TOTW Salmon or FROMM?

I am in total control....I think Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gator & Lucy Goosey, the Basset and Gigi (AKA Gypsy)
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Default Re: TOTW Salmon or FROMM?

Thank you for that! I did look at it and must have been looking at the wrong selections. I will take a second look. I did see that there is a store here that carries it. I will most likely take your suggestion and order it but it is nice to know that if we should run out for some reason, I can get it here in town.

Thank you to everyone for the insights and suggestions! I really appreciate your help and I am sure Gator will appreciate it too

Real Name
    Shelly
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Molly
    Likes (Received)

@GatorRay Yes, the 4 star line is an all stages food- what's nice is that you can switch between flavors too! That is what I got my Molly.
    Shelly, owned by:
    Molly (English Bulldog), and Stretch (rescue Basset Hound/honorary bulldog)

Dog Park Attendant Become a 4 Paw Member Maximus's Avatar
    Real Name
    Patrick
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maximus
    Likes (Received)

I don't know. I feed Maximus TOTW, and never thought it smelled bad .......I also use FROMM and definitely think FROMM smells bad ! Oh Yes ! It smells bad! Yet it is a top rated food and my Bullie loves it....
    so go figure !!!! I really though don't make a habit of smelling and sniffing dog food ........to me it all smells bad ! Because it's meant for dogs, but TOTW really has no foul smell or smell at all to me......
    FROMM is very greasy and oily and does have a strong odor ! My Pug won't go near FROMM, but Maximus loves it !

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jozi, Wales
    Likes (Received)

I feed Jozi ToTW Pacific Sierra Mountain. She is doing very well
    on it,and has been on it for 3 months now. I have thought of switching
    her to Fromm,but ToTW is so much easier to find for me. I would have
    to order Fromm, like many on this forum do. But I just don't feel comfortable
    doing that.

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lacey
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Silva and Stella
    Likes (Received)

We feed Fromm and it!
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Anonymous

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chaos
    Likes (Received)

I feed Fromm and love it! I too was iffy about ordering it but its working out great!! Love it
    Bullies leave pawprints on our hearts furever <3

Dog Park Attendant cadillactaste's Avatar
    Real Name
    Darlene
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tank and Sarge
    Likes (Received)

I just upgraded the bulldogs to Taste of the Wild...and found no foul or stinky odor from the bag... One of the reasons I switched to this brand is it was what was originally suggested to me by our new vet practice...When we were having issues with our new Australian Shepherd. But I went with the breeder's suggestion over the vet. Only because she's a show pup...and she's also co-owned as well.

But finding the dog food the bulldogs were on was for food...And my husband strongly wanting to find a food that they sold in town. [Pet stores are a little over an hour one way for us. And shipping to our home during winter months could pose problems] So currently we're on Taste of the Wild Pacific...I know several Aussie owners have their dog on that...and a few bulldog owners from another forum use it...

I'm not saying Fromm isn't a good food. Just not a good choice for our home. But I didn't find either bag of Taste of the Wild smelly...[We got the wrong variety and had to donate it to a shelter...but I didn't open the bag and gag or notice a strong odor and that was the version with the DUCK can't remember the name of the variety...just to much protein for our young aussie and for a bulldog]

Though I did find Fromm an hour away at another pet store...But I'll only switch if the Taste of the Wild doesn't work for my dogs. I much prefer a 20 minute drive into town...verses an hour to pick up dog food.
    ~ Darlene: 20+ years of being owned by bulldogs. But I can still learn something new from forums and other people's experiences.

Bulldogs: Tank and Sarge

Australian Shepherd: Ahsoka ~ Sarge's sister from another mother...and father

The rest of my zoo:
    1 Pastel Ball Python - No Feet
    2 chinchillas - Nibbles and Fluffy
    2 Ornate Wood turtles- Franklin and Turkish

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads