Dave
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Food advice please!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by JennyeStear View Post
    I want to thank everyone for the HELPFUL information and support. I spent my evening boiling chicken and rice. Jagger got his first bland meal of half cup chicken, half cup of rice and a spoonful of cottage cheese. He absolutely loves it. I plan on feeding him this twice daily and then a snack of cottage cheese and applesauce (small amount). I al bought some all natural chicken treats to hide his Benadryl in. I really hope this works. (Fingers crossed)
    Jennye, Please keep us posted, everyone here wants to see your Bully do Good, it's our one love in life…. you can see on my profile my Rocky, He should be the Pet-Smart greeter, his only goal in life is to make as many friends as possible…. This is just my story, and every member on here have their own…. We love our Bully's and with so many of them on here, we've found that some one at some point has had the same problem at some point, none of these problems are unique, Loving your Pet the way you do is……. We truly love our Pets……."Notice Inever use the "D" word…. He is my Kid" !!! and I love him with all my heart, just as everyone else does theirs on here….. and the sincerity of this is picked up on by everyone…… I want the best for my Bully and at the same time, if I can share something to help yours…. I'm all in !! I'll look foreword to seeing you around a lot more, and reading your posts….

I've Got A Get Out Of Jail Free Card! JennyeStear's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Jagger has had supper and breakfast on the bland diet. The chicken treats I bought are all natural made in the USA, human food grade treats. He has only had 2. And so far so good. I haven't had to take him out a lot for poop breaks. ( he actually hasn't pooped at all yet which is amazing) Also, he seems to be a lot more energized, last night he literally ran circles round my friends police car in the driveway. It was the funniest thing I had ever seen and the most energetic I have ever seen him

Real Name
    Sandra
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Sarah aka cow
    Likes (Received)

oh thats fantastic. lets hope when he does its better than it was.

Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Well he did finally go to the bathroom this morning and it was diarrhea I hope the next few days get better. If not I may need to do the boiled hamburger and rice. It very well may be the chicken that is causing his tummy issue. This process of elimination is hard. I want him to be better, guess this is where the virtue of patience is supposed to kick in :/

Real Name
    Bruce
    Bulldog(s) Names
    HRH Princess Gracie, aka: HRH; Princess Amelia Pond, aka: Amy
    Likes (Received)

That may be a better ingredient than the chicken actually. Did you put a tablespoon of canned Pumpkin in too.

Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

I did not do the pumpkin. I do have a can of 100% natural pumpkin. I'm going to give him a little longer with the chicken. I feel bad changing what he eats so much. He doesn't seem to mind he just really likes food. Starting with his next feeding I will start giving him pumpkin. Thanks

Rescue Volunteer
    Real Name
    Dave
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    "The Stallone Bros"
    Likes (Received)

Jagger has had supper and breakfast on the bland diet. The chicken treats I bought are all natural made in the USA, human food grade treats. He has only had 2. And so far so good. I haven't had to take him out a lot for poop breaks. ( he actually hasn't pooped at all yet which is amazing) Also, he seems to be a lot more energized, last night he literally ran circles round my friends police car in the driveway. It was the funniest thing I had ever seen and the most energetic I have ever seen him
    This speaks Volumes Jennye..... This is a tell Tale sign he feels better, and shows his potential to be much better. A Happy pet will always show you how happy they are, body motions, running and playing, barking or being their usual selves, Just like an infant, they can't speak, but communicate through actions and body movements, and sometimes verbal barks, growls, and even whines. Food energizing his body is a great thing!!, He's getting nutritional values from it, something his body has been starving for. Something he's able to hold in, and onto to get something out of. Although it's a start, theres still a ways to go, But you've got so much great advise here in this thread, and the queens of nutrition working on this with you, I'm so happy your seeing the improvement, and the 100% pumpkin is guaranteed to help, so i'm standing with you looking for the next stepping stone to progress, in getting your baby recovered, along with everyone else... Awesome !!

Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Jagger is still doing well!!!! He has only gone to bathroom once today. Which is completely opposite of before the bland diet. At lunch I gave him a little snack of rice, pumpkin and cottage cheese. He seemed very satisfied. Because he was malnourished I had been feeding him 3 times a day. So, instead of another chicken and rice serving I decided to give him more of a snack. He is liking the new menu and is full of energy and attitude. This is what he does when I tell him to get out of the grass and I end up having to carry him in the house. He and my daughter love napping on his dog bed.
    Name:  jag2.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  5.7 KBName:  jag1.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  8.4 KB
    Jennye

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

I've been following poor Jagger and wanted to say that I'm glad to see he's doing a better. When I got Sally she wouldn't eat at all. Had to do the bland diet with her too and then I supplemented her with a high calorie supplement for the first 3 weeks. She took a vege Scooby snack that first weekend so I let her have as many as she wanted, I just wanted her to eat something then. You've gone through a lot with him.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

I'm glad he is doing better. Remember...changing from chicken to boiled hamburger won't be hard on him...as long as its the bland diet. I would also cut back on some of the extras..like cottage cheese..applesauce. Remember..with digestive problems...less is more! After he gets back on track..you can reintroduce one thing at a time..and the whole chicken treat thing.. If its jerky..don't give it to him. Even Made in US...doesn't mean the processed chicken didn't come from China. This is what has been happening with the jerkey treats. I would cut out the treats altogether until you see him back on track. I know..I'm mean..but adding is always easier than taking away..

Real Name
    Jennye
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jagger and Ellie
    Likes (Received)

Right now Jagger is doing well. His is still soft , but this is only the second time in one day Which is a great improvement. And it's a smaller amount of
    So, I will cut out the extras and just give him some rice in the middle of the day.

He is obviously feeling better. His belly is less bloated. I am hoping this keeps working.... I may switch to the hamburger and see if it improves more. I have a feeling that it may be grains and possibly the chicken.

The snacks are not jerky.... I only use the snacks to hide his medicine in. If I don't he will just spit the pills out and give me dirty looks
    Jennye

Real Name
    Becky
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jake
    Likes (Received)

Right now Jagger is doing well. His is still soft , but this is only the second time in one day Which is a great improvement. And it's a smaller amount of
    So, I will cut out the extras and just give him some rice in the middle of the day.

He is obviously feeling better. His belly is less bloated. I am hoping this keeps working.... I may switch to the hamburger and see if it improves more. I have a feeling that it may be grains and possibly the chicken.

The snacks are not jerky.... I only use the snacks to hide his medicine in. If I don't he will just spit the pills out and give me dirty looks

I'm a nag...I know! And boy do I know about the Dirty Looks!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Remove Ads