Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Salmon Oil question

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gertie & Ida
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Salmon Oil question

I got the Salmon oil Petco carries, it's Petco brand. It is expensive, I paid $25. for a 16 oz. bottle. But it does have the pump on top which is nice. I've been wondering the same thing... can I use the much less expensive fish oil pills when this is gone?

There is nothing nicer than two sweet Bully girls, unless it's THREE sweet Bully girls!!
    Julie, Gertie, Ida & Clementine in Az.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by jillh10 View Post
    Can anyone tell me if there any potential adverse affects to giving salmon oil? I am still thinking of trying it but wasn't sure if there's any negatives to look for when you start giving it?
    I haven't heard or experienced any negative affects so far!! I guess it could cause gas problems but in bulldogs that's hard to tell!!!

Real Name
    Jenn
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Cutty, Miila and Mugsy the pug :)
    Likes (Received)

The only thing I would think would be bad is if there are allergies. Other than that I cant imagine there are any bad effects from this. Yes you absolutely can feed the over the counter human fish oil pills, 1 a day or every other day if you want. I am forgetful and usually get them down the boys every other day or so but they are not bad for them at all and somehow they like them even. Great for their coats and skin.

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bentley, Linus, Truman
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by kazzy220 View Post
    I haven't heard or experienced any negative affects so far!! I guess it could cause gas problems but in bulldogs that's hard to tell!!!
    Haha, @kazzy220, mind if I ask what skin condition you use Fish Oil supplements for? I am really sensitive skin and get dry patches, eczema, etc so maybe I'll try it too!

"I think dogs are the most amazing creatures; they give unconditional love. For me they are the role model for being alive."
    Bentley (5.24.04 - 6.26.10) & Linus (1.10.06 - 7.31.13)

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

@jillh10 Maggie doesn't really have any skin problems. We use it to try and boost her immume system. The last two years in November she has come down with an auto-immune disease that locks her jaw. We have had to put her on steroids for six months to cure it. We're hoping that the salmon oil will boost her immune system so that this year it won't happen!!!
    Last edited by kazzy220; 09-22-2010 at 02:29 PM.

Bulldog Vet in Training gatorfan85's Avatar
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Mr.Beefy
    Likes (Received)

If your dog has an allergy to salmon or regular fish oil. They do have krill oil . Alot of my friends use it for their dogs I am also going to try it.

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    The Stig Racecar Driver and Punkin Brutus
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

I give Stig 1 capsule of Wild Salmon Oil, morning and night. I think I paid $13 Canadian for 100 capsules. My vet warned me not to get Cod Liver Fish Oil because he'll start to smell like fish. But since Stig's started, he's smelling more like fish than puppy. .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads