Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
Hi guys here is another simple trick that you can teach your bully - if you haven't already
here is a little reminder for those who haven't followed my other posts :

before we learn command "give paw " that i think is one of few important one to learn i wanted to give you all some tips: (i will post this in every blog post before actual command )
1) if your bully is food orientated you are in a luck !
2) if your bully does is not food orientated -dont panic ,buy a toy , and use it only for training as a reward - its is dead simple to teach your fur baby to love and be crazy about his new toy - simply wave the ball (or another object) in from of your dog face with a supper cheerful and equally silly voice say " do you want it? " "uuu look at this" etc etc after a while your bully should show great intrest in the toy , when command is performed correctly give this toy play a little tug with your bully-stay very cheerful ,after a minute or two-remove the toy -this will be his reward and only given when you be training
3)start from high value treats before using their regular food -and on the end just give a praise and dont forget to adjust your dog food intake accordingly to the amount of treats given .Least you want is an overweight bully after few months of training -Trust me ive been there and done that -to pie on few pounds is easier than to lose it ;)
4) start your training in a calm environment with as little distractions as possible and when your bully fully got it , increase the amount of distractions for instance backyard , or when your friends are around - do this gradually and over time you bully will have great focus just on you
5) work through play , keep it short but do it often - this will also help to prevent your bully getting bored ,but also it will build a great bond between both of you x
6) no mater how well or bad your bully performed always end on a positive note - this supposed to be fun for him/her and you -not a chore
7)even if your bully cannot do something -dont get stressed or agitated -they can sense it ,give them time and patience -we all know that our babies are not the brightest sparks :p

Now back to business
There are two ways to tech your bully to give paw -both of them i used on deaf and hearing dog
so lets start with way no 1

1) start with command sit
2) gently tap paw with finger and say Paw , repeat if scenery
3) when your bully lifts his/hers paw -quickly give treat and praise
repeat this 3 steps few times to make sure your bully knows what and why he/she is doing it
(for defies replace command "paw" with a sign language , praise with thumbs up and a biggest smile you got )

way no 2:
1) start with command Sit
2) lift your bully paw and hold it gently in your hand with command "paw"
3) most young dogs will probably try and nip on your hand our of confusion :w00t:, so you need to be quick say command paw again and quickly give a treat followed by praise
repeat this 3 steps few times to make sure your bully knows what and why he/she is doing it
(for defies replace command "paw" with a sign language , praise with thumbs up and a biggest smile you got )

Job done! your bully knows how to give paw :w00t:

672on5.jpg

i4lmrt.jpg

14xfr5z.jpg

30uwrwn.jpg

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Awesome Patti, I'm going to start this w/Wally since he knows sit… Lol

OP
Pati Robins

Pati Robins

I'm Polish what did you expect! A lady like person
Community Veteran
Jun 12, 2013
Cardiff UK
Country
UK-Cardiff
Bulldog(s) Names
Lily (British Bulldog) & Shy (American Bulldog X)
thank you ladies xx [MENTION=9157]ddnene[/MENTION] hun let me know how Wally gets on , im planning to post hopefully " play dead " guide in the next few days xx

Members online

No members online now.