Started Crate Training

BulldogMA2

Dec 4, 2022
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Coco Chanel
The crate will be in her pen. She is able to jump out of her penā€¦When do you start closing the crate? (I will be making sure she goes potty every 3 hours)ā€¦

Attachments

• 153458F1-C2E9-493E-A392-3D7FC6C643CE.jpeg
    153458F1-C2E9-493E-A392-3D7FC6C643CE.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 52

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
The crate will be in her pen. She is able to jump out of her penā€¦When do you start closing the crate? (I will be making sure she goes potty every 3 hours)ā€¦

She is SO cute!!! She looks just like Rusty my Frenchie when he was a puppy!

Thatā€™s crazy she can already jump out of her pen.

For Rusty, I had a fake tray of grass with pee pad below, so although I slept beside his crate(which was inside the X pen and the crate door was open), I started closing it when he could hold his pee through the night, However, if you are getting up with her to make sure she pees every 3 hours, I would recommend closing her crate at night to get her in the habit to hold her pee until you let her out of the crate to potty outside. I think that would be the best option.

I wasnā€™t able to get up with Rusty every 3 hours in the night, otherwise I think I wouldā€™ve closed the Crate, and let him out to pee every 3 hrs.

The breeder I got him from, she crate trained the puppies, and when it was bedtime, all the puppies went into 1 crate with the crate door closed before we got him.

Keep the photos coming!!šŸ˜Š

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Where did you get her food dishes? I like how the dishes are in like a mat, less water to clean up off the flooršŸ‘

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Sorry I'm late to this, but I would close the crate day one, get her comfortable with being in there so it eventually turns into her safe place

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
I'm also late to this. It looks like she has way too much room in the crate for training.

Members online

No members online now.