Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Hi Citty
You got it one thing Bullies like is a full tummy of treats lol , I sat on the floor beside the stairs ( getting old ) and put a treat on each step at first Rosie would reach out with her tongue and lick up the treat which I had to correct her from doing so she had to go up the stairs to get her treat . Going down was very much harder tho she was scared of going down took a bit of time and work going down , Tilly was the same not a happy camper at all with any stairs . To go up the main stairs in the house Tilly was the toughest ever in the end had a choice be with us in the bedroom or stay downstairs , she would cry and carry on but with help from Willow our Siberian Husky she learned slowly to come up and down took a lot longer to teach her . My point is some get it right away some do not , at 8 weeks old I had to stop Meg from going up and down all stairs and jumping up and down she got it without treats and right away .
We also do a lot of play time on the bed before they are told "Bed Time " = go to bloody sleep ! All the dogs love that play time on the bed ( we Play hidden hand under the covers they all love it ). That play time is a huge incentive to use the stairs for the bullies . With the couch it is they just want to sleep on me or between my legs for a nap to be honest , its why you see so many pics of my guys doing it here
View attachment 108301View attachment 108302View attachment 108303View attachment 108304View attachment 108305View attachment 108306

Louie picked up using the stairs right away but Jax is used to just jumping on and off so he will take some time. I’ll keep doing what I’m doing with the treats. And yup...going down them for a treat is definitely more scarier to him. It is weird though cause we have stairs going up/down to the front door and he never had a problem using them. Now we carry him up and down.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Louie picked up using the stairs right away but Jax is used to just jumping on and off so he will take some time. I’ll keep doing what I’m doing with the treats. And yup...going down them for a treat is definitely more scarier to him. It is weird though cause we have stairs going up/down to the front door and he never had a problem using them. Now we carry him up and down.

Rosie even hated our front stairs going out of the house was scared to go down and very very slow coming up she was the biggest challenge, there are only two steps and very wide so much easier going up or down . Hey I am terrified of ants so there ya go I am 6 ft 3 and a big guy and a ant is how big just hate the buggers goes back to red ants and me as a child I think .
Will take more time is all I can say have patience lol

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Rosie even hated our front stairs going out of the house was scared to go down and very very slow coming up she was the biggest challenge, there are only two steps and very wide so much easier going up or down . Hey I am terrified of ants so there ya go I am 6 ft 3 and a big guy and a ant is how big just hate the buggers goes back to red ants and me as a child I think .
Will take more time is all I can say have patience lol

I seemed to have lost my patience many, many years ago and I have not been able to find it. LOL.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi Citty
You got it one thing Bullies like is a full tummy of treats lol , I sat on the floor beside the stairs ( getting old ) and put a treat on each step at first Rosie would reach out with her tongue and lick up the treat which I had to correct her from doing so she had to go up the stairs to get her treat . Going down was very much harder tho she was scared of going down took a bit of time and work going down , Tilly was the same not a happy camper at all with any stairs . To go up the main stairs in the house Tilly was the toughest ever in the end had a choice be with us in the bedroom or stay downstairs , she would cry and carry on but with help from Willow our Siberian Husky she learned slowly to come up and down took a lot longer to teach her . My point is some get it right away some do not , at 8 weeks old I had to stop Meg from going up and down all stairs and jumping up and down she got it without treats and right away .
We also do a lot of play time on the bed before they are told "Bed Time " = go to bloody sleep ! All the dogs love that play time on the bed ( we Play hidden hand under the covers they all love it ). That play time is a huge incentive to use the stairs for the bullies . With the couch it is they just want to sleep on me or between my legs for a nap to be honest , its why you see so many pics of my guys doing it here
View attachment 108301View attachment 108302View attachment 108303View attachment 108304View attachment 108305View attachment 108306

LOVE LOVE LOVE this dog pile... I need to be in that

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
Dog bowls in the play pen! Too funny. I guarantee Duke would probably find a way to jump in!

Any 8 week old pup I get goes to the playpen for introductions all the way to feeding for a time to be determined, Great place for a timeout , great place to feed them in a family of 5 larger dogs due to a pup will not loose or loose defending its food , Pups are high energy in burst older dogs like there naps and us old guys need a break from puppy teeth while napping sometimes and vise versa for the pup . Ton of other reasons you the use and this one owes us nothing had to fix it for these pups no longer pops up and stays up lol

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
There are the odd days I could ship them all down too you Chris

and this cracks me up because i have ONE and there are those (more than just the "odd" day you speak of) days i'd LOVE to ship him off!

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
and this cracks me up because i have ONE and there are those (more than just the "odd" day you speak of) days i'd LOVE to ship him off!

Cool we will all send them to Christine and Party close to her place close enough for her to smell the stuff ( Your bringing the stuff, I have to cross a boarder , actually I am probably never gonna cross your boarder again due to these comments ) ha ha ha

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Cool we will all send them to Christine and Party close to her place close enough for her to smell the stuff ( Your bringing the stuff, I have to cross a boarder , actually I am probably never gonna cross your boarder again due to these comments ) ha ha ha

hahahahahahaha and i aint bringin nothin!!! lol it's a drop and run situation.. ;)

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Any 8 week old pup I get goes to the playpen for introductions all the way to feeding for a time to be determined, Great place for a timeout , great place to feed them in a family of 5 larger dogs due to a pup will not loose or loose defending its food , Pups are high energy in burst older dogs like there naps and us old guys need a break from puppy teeth while napping sometimes and vise versa for the pup . Ton of other reasons you the use and this one owes us nothing had to fix it for these pups no longer pops up and stays up lol

I just cant see Duke in a pen like that. Duke's my Houdini. Had no clue how he keeps getting out till I saw his kennel at the bottom bulging out n the hatches moves as he rams into the door. Had to get a screw on clip in the hardware dept.
2017-09-24 18.15.58.jpg

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

Christine is going to be busy because Louie is getting sent to her too.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
haha,,, sorry Christine :) you'll have fun for a while though ;)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Christine is going to be busy because Louie is getting sent to her too.

haha,,, sorry Christine :) you'll have fun for a while though ;)

BRING IT!!! Dog pile on the rabbit.. dog pile on the rabbit! :giggle:

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
might not be tooooooo much fun... Hank still bodyslams for snuggles :/

Members online

No members online now.