natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
great! thanks! and good sale too! will see, lots of options there,, Have to do some measuring

Yes we also did , these new beds are so much higher then the plywood and hay I slept on ,,,,,,,,,,,,, did I mention I had to walk ten miles one way to school in driving ........

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Yes we also did , these new beds are so much higher then the plywood and hay I slept on ,,,,,,,,,,,,, did I mention I had to walk ten miles one way to school in driving ........

hahaha, son of a gun!!! me too! the whole walking driving thing! yea! true story,,,, :whistle:

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
That's what I heard too that's the reason for being concerned

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

True...but....btw I never asked...how many stairs? Puppies can go 5-8 stairs like Duke but yes if you have a whole condo flight of stairs that would be a no no.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
I have those same steps for my couch! Louie uses them all the time, Jax not so much and heā€™s the one that needs to use them.

Megan as a 8 week old pup ran strait up them , Rosie I had to teach but she uses them now all the time

OP
SiuMai

SiuMai

Sep 1, 2017
Country
Hong Kong
Bulldog(s) Names
SiuMai
True...but....btw I never asked...how many stairs? Puppies can go 5-8 stairs like Duke but yes if you have a whole condo flight of stairs that would be a no no.

8 level stairs. Thanks

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan as a 8 week old pup ran strait up them , Rosie I had to teach but she uses them now all the time

How did you teach? Iā€™m supposed to minimize Jaxā€™s jumping in and off the furniture because he has IVDD but heā€™s so used to doing it. I can lure him up and down with treats so Iā€™m hoping if I do it enough, he will get reconditioned.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
How did you teach? Iā€™m supposed to minimize Jaxā€™s jumping in and off the furniture because he has IVDD but heā€™s so used to doing it. I can lure him up and down with treats so Iā€™m hoping if I do it enough, he will get reconditioned.

When I had Duke at 3 months old he never went up nor down. Just stood there and waited. Nyala helped. He would want to follow her but just whine n sat. I basically grabbed his collar and pull him down slowly one step at a time. He would go down but never head first more sideways. Kept his balance like that. I always held his collar incase he would do a head dive lol. Took a good couple weeks. Nyala is more like a gazelle jumping over steps as she has much longer legs than EB. Duke is like a bunny rabbit when he runs. He if full of energy but Nyala will outrun him, out walk him even at the same age. If im outside and walking towards the house (their first morning pee) and say....lets get some foooood.... man he will jump without touching a couple steps into the kitchen.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
When I had Duke at 3 months old he never went up nor down. Just stood there and waited. Nyala helped. He would want to follow her but just whine n sat. I basically grabbed his collar and pull him down slowly one step at a time. He would go down but never head first more sideways. Kept his balance like that. I always held his collar incase he would do a head dive lol. Took a good couple weeks. Nyala is more like a gazelle jumping over steps as she has much longer legs than EB. Duke is like a bunny rabbit when he runs. He if full of energy but Nyala will outrun him, out walk him even at the same age. If im outside and walking towards the house (their first morning pee) and say....lets get some foooood.... man he will jump without touching a couple steps into the kitchen.

love the picture you just drew :) Funny funny dogs ! Cute the English (or Italian if you use that ) that they understand so well.. I find im spelling out words at times when my daughters around so Hank doesnt run to the kitchen.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
love the picture you just drew :) Funny funny dogs ! Cute the English (or Italian if you use that ) that they understand so well.. I find im spelling out words at times when my daughters around so Hank doesnt run to the kitchen.

I spell out eat if itā€™s not actually time cause they both know that word if I say it. And instead of saying daycare, I say DC. Louie wears a different collar to daycare then he does at home so when he sees me pull that collar out, he goes crazy.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
I spell out eat if itā€™s not actually time cause they both know that word if I say it. And instead of saying daycare, I say DC. Louie wears a different collar to daycare then he does at home so when he sees me pull that collar out, he goes crazy.

Iike your new avatar.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,

Hi Citty
You got it one thing Bullies like is a full tummy of treats lol , I sat on the floor beside the stairs ( getting old ) and put a treat on each step at first Rosie would reach out with her tongue and lick up the treat which I had to correct her from doing so she had to go up the stairs to get her treat . Going down was very much harder tho she was scared of going down took a bit of time and work going down , Tilly was the same not a happy camper at all with any stairs . To go up the main stairs in the house Tilly was the toughest ever in the end had a choice be with us in the bedroom or stay downstairs , she would cry and carry on but with help from Willow our Siberian Husky she learned slowly to come up and down took a lot longer to teach her . My point is some get it right away some do not , at 8 weeks old I had to stop Meg from going up and down all stairs and jumping up and down she got it without treats and right away .
We also do a lot of play time on the bed before they are told "Bed Time " = go to bloody sleep ! All the dogs love that play time on the bed ( we Play hidden hand under the covers they all love it ). That play time is a huge incentive to use the stairs for the bullies . With the couch it is they just want to sleep on me or between my legs for a nap to be honest , its why you see so many pics of my guys doing it here
IMG_2017-06-13_08-43-30.jpegIMG_2017-06-15_16-01-36.jpegIMG_2017-06-16_19-37-10.jpegIMG_2017-06-17_14-56-35.jpegIMG_2017-06-20_07-56-46.jpegIMG_2017-06-21_16-50-24.jpeg

Members online

No members online now.