OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
Dukeā€™s 48lbs and according to your link he would need 1lb per day which is 2cups per day. I was going to say thatā€™s a lot but same on this link

Calculate

OMG... that has me giving Lambeau 1.7 pounds a day! No way... am I that far off???

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So where does this leave us? Jax is about 30 pounds and he gets about 11 ounces a day. I remember when I started raw with him I started at 2% and then went up a little bit cause he had lost weight.

I know every dog is different and these are just guidelines and it will be trial and error but I feel so confused right now. [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] - how much raw are you feeding Duke? [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] - has Lambeau lost any weight since going raw?

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Better YOU do the math n let Lewis sit back! :lmaogirl::lmaoboy:

She's back with her jokes!!! But yeah, maybe Lewis shouldn't be doing the math. This is why I don't even try.

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She's back with her jokes!!! But yeah, maybe Lewis shouldn't be doing the math. This is why I don't even try.

Lewis has a freakin finance degree!! :facepalm:

No, Lambeau has not lost any weight nor has Cheli. I'm stopping on way home to buy a scale to weigh the food... that will help, maybe --- so confused

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names

No, Lambeau has not lost any weight nor has Cheli. I'm stopping on way home to buy a scale to weigh the food... that will help, maybe --- so confused

I use a scale for their food. I guess I should just try out the 10 ounces and if he starts gaining weight, either cut back on the raw or cut back on the am kibble. I think he looks really good right now and I don't want to go messing things up.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
So where does this leave us? Jax is about 30 pounds and he gets about 11 ounces a day. I remember when I started raw with him I started at 2% and then went up a little bit cause he had lost weight.

I know every dog is different and these are just guidelines and it will be trial and error but I feel so confused right now. [MENTION=15310]helsonwheels[/MENTION] - how much raw are you feeding Duke? [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] - has Lambeau lost any weight since going raw?

Amounts in grams (g), amount, in ounces (oz). 1/8 cup, 30 g, 1 oz. 1/4 cup, 55 g, 2 oz. 1/3 cup, 75 g, 2.6 oz. 3/8 cup, 85 g, 3 oz. 1/2 cup, 115 g, 4 oz. 5/8 cup, 140 g, 5 oz. 2/3 cup, 150 g, 5.3 oz. 3/4 cup, 170 g, 6 oz. 7/8 cup ...

It just depends on the activity your dog does daily. I give approximately 80grams of raw per day but also add same amount of green trip at lunch as a snack so about 150grams per day n sometimes less. (Canada is in metric) They do get grassland Acana in the evening 2/3 cup. Now if Iā€™m gone all day which is a couple times a week they will get less as Dukeā€™s in the cage n nyala is on the sofa for 8hrs max. As you know they are both very active why they get a tad more and they sure arenā€™t fat either.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names

Itā€™s ok he must of snoozed in class on the calculation part. Lolllll

Christine donā€™t forget depends on the activity your dogs get. Itā€™s not the end of the world. Wonā€™t be a big difference and Lewis is in financial not a baker. :p

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Itā€™s ok he must of snoozed in class on the calculation part. Lolllll

Christine donā€™t forget depends on the activity your dogs get. Itā€™s not the end of the world. Wonā€™t be a big difference and Lewis is in financial not a baker. :p

activity level?? :laugh: an hour a day... maybe

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Amounts in grams (g), amount, in ounces (oz). 1/8 cup, 30 g, 1 oz. 1/4 cup, 55 g, 2 oz. 1/3 cup, 75 g, 2.6 oz. 3/8 cup, 85 g, 3 oz. 1/2 cup, 115 g, 4 oz. 5/8 cup, 140 g, 5 oz. 2/3 cup, 150 g, 5.3 oz. 3/4 cup, 170 g, 6 oz. 7/8 cup ...

It just depends on the activity your dog does daily. I give approximately 80grams of raw per day but also add same amount of green trip at lunch as a snack so about 150grams per day n sometimes less. (Canada is in metric) They do get grassland Acana in the evening 2/3 cup. Now if Iā€™m gone all day which is a couple times a week they will get less as Dukeā€™s in the cage n nyala is on the sofa for 8hrs max. As you know they are both very active why they get a tad more and they sure arenā€™t fat either.

Gosh, Louie is a monster lol. Hes been getting 2 cups Fromm plus 1/4 cup Stella & Chewy meal mixer in the morning and 2 cups Fromm in the evening. He's been 55.4 for the past month. Based on this food calculator, I portioned out 10.4 ounces of food for his evening meals and assumed he would still get the 2 cups of Fromm in the am. This just seems like a lot of food. He will be 1 on February 18. He is the energizer bunny so I definitely think he burns a lot of calories. I am open to suggestions as to how much kibble I should give in the am and how much raw in the pm? I always overthink everything. And maybe I should just try out what I have now and wait and see if he starts gaining weight or if he starts pooping too much.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Gosh, Louie is a monster lol. Hes been getting 2 cups Fromm plus 1/4 cup Stella & Chewy meal mixer in the morning and 2 cups Fromm in the evening. He's been 55.4 for the past month. Based on this food calculator, I portioned out 10.4 ounces of food for his evening meals and assumed he would still get the 2 cups of Fromm in the am. This just seems like a lot of food. He will be 1 on February 18. He is the energizer bunny so I definitely think he burns a lot of calories. I am open to suggestions as to how much kibble I should give in the am and how much raw in the pm? I always overthink everything. And maybe I should just try out what I have now and wait and see if he starts gaining weight or if he starts pooping too much.

Wow thatā€™s a lot of food even for an energizer bunny. I donā€™t know Louisā€™s activity aside he moves all day but dogs running in the backyard non stop is not a regular activity. Duke n Nyala does the backyard activity and 5km walk daily. Plus weekends they see the cousins n thatā€™s extra activity as both are burnout even to say they canā€™t move anymore lol. Both play rough.

I do the opposite of you n feed the raw in the morning and MY mistake they get one cup of kibbles. Just went to check which measuring cup thatā€™s in their bucket. Also thatā€™s all aside from extra treats they get in a day n some marrow bones. I rather keep them on the thin side. Nyala tends to keep a couple pounds overweight. Since she moves like she does and can overpower Duke plus the cousins, Iā€™m not worried for a few pounds.

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Wow thatā€™s a lot of food even for an energizer bunny. I donā€™t know Louisā€™s activity aside he moves all day but dogs running in the backyard non stop is not a regular activity. Duke n Nyala does the backyard activity and 5km walk daily. Plus weekends they see the cousins n thatā€™s extra activity as both are burnout even to say they canā€™t move anymore lol. Both play rough.

I do the opposite of you n feed the raw in the morning and MY mistake they get one cup of kibbles. Just went to check which measuring cup thatā€™s in their bucket. Also thatā€™s all aside from extra treats they get in a day n some marrow bones. I rather keep them on the thin side. Nyala tends to keep a couple pounds overweight. Since she moves like she does and can overpower Duke plus the cousins, Iā€™m not worried for a few pounds.

He doesn't run around the backyard as it's not fully fenced yet. He just literally never sits still although he is crated a few hours during the day when no one is home. He and Jax usually have a couple play sessions each day. I had increased his food intake during the summer because he wasn't really gaining weight and he was still a puppy. And I have just kept him on that amount. My vet is happy with his current weight but he said to watch him as now that he is neutered, he *might* start gaining rather quickly.

I already have the raw mixed up and frozen for this week so I will have to keep that the same until I mix more, but I think I will cut down on his kibble in the morning. I know some people are opposed to feeding kibble and raw as they digest differently but is there any reason to feeding one in the am versus the pm? Once this bag of the SC meal mixer runs out, I don't intend on getting that anymore.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
He doesn't run around the backyard as it's not fully fenced yet. He just literally never sits still although he is crated a few hours during the day when no one is home. He and Jax usually have a couple play sessions each day. I had increased his food intake during the summer because he wasn't really gaining weight and he was still a puppy. And I have just kept him on that amount. My vet is happy with his current weight but he said to watch him as now that he is neutered, he *might* start gaining rather quickly.

I already have the raw mixed up and frozen for this week so I will have to keep that the same until I mix more, but I think I will cut down on his kibble in the morning. I know some people are opposed to feeding kibble and raw as they digest differently but is there any reason to feeding one in the am versus the pm? Once this bag of the SC meal mixer runs out, I don't intend on getting that anymore.

Opposed to feeding kibble and raw as they digest differently? These are domesticated dogs. No matter what we all give them the extras they should not be eating. Like some will give bites of their bacon, toast, cheese, treats, coconut oil, healthy spices, supplements, fruits on n on....unless you feed your dog 100% only raw n nothing else, well yes will be an issue of digestion. I kept the breederā€™s routine. Her dogs lives outside 24/7 yes even our cold winters. Dog houses with straw in the winter n pools with umbrellas in the summer...lol... all her dogs are fed as so. She has a pug thatā€™s 23yrs old yes 23! Amazing!

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.