Midsummer

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Yesterday we celebrated Midsummer's Eve (in pouring rain), eating traditional Swedish Midsummer food like pickled herring, new potatoes and strawberries.

And of course drinking bulldog beer! :D

sleepy bulldog midsommar.jpg

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
sounds like a mighty fine time :)

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Awesome!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Yesterday we celebrated Midsummer's Eve (in pouring rain), eating traditional Swedish Midsummer food like pickled herring, new potatoes and strawberries.

View attachment 106656

Awesome! I need to see if I can get my hands on that beer here in the US! My hubby would love it!

OP
cefe13

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
[MENTION=15848]Old School Dropout[/MENTION] [MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION]
I don't think it's available in the US but it definitely is a nice bottle :) The brewery has a whole range of bulldog beers (Gotlands Bryggeri) and according to the bottle, the name comes from the bulldog in the photo whose name was Krut (which means gunpowder).

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
@Old School Dropout @TyTysmom
I don't think it's available in the US but it definitely is a nice bottle :) The brewery has a whole range of bulldog beers (Gotlands Bryggeri) and according to the bottle, the name comes from the bulldog in the photo whose name was Krut (which means gunpowder).

So very cool. My husband is constantly trading/shipping beers with friends and people from other states. :) But he hasn't done any international, it would probably cost an arm & a leg! I'm going to share the site with him, thank you!

OP
cefe13

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
So very cool. My husband is constantly trading/shipping beers with friends and people from other states. :) But he hasn't done any international, it would probably cost an arm & a leg! I'm going to share the site with him, thank you!

I guess it would have to be sent via the brewery or via some courier as it doesn't seem to be legal for private packages from Sweden to the US containing alcohol. The US Embassy in Sweden''s homepage says 'You may not mail alcoholic beverages to the U.S.'

May 6, 2016
Near the Saltwater, NC
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Dozer
Thanks for doing all that research. I enjoy most types of beer and keep track of them using Untappd App / Website. I looked Sleepy Bulldog Summer Pale Ale up on there and went pretty far back, didn't see anyone in the US checking in. Really enjoyed viewing the Gotlands Bryggeri website.

KING OLLIE HOUSE of BULLDOG

Dec 29, 2016
Florida
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
King Ollie

View attachment 106656

A few years ago we did a one month home exchange to Copenhagen. We often went over to Malmo via a big bridge that looks like at the end you are going to drive right under the water. My husband loves herring. While we were over there he ate so much herring he smelled like a cat. He was in heaven. We have a close friend who lives in Gothenburg.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
So no sour herring....you pussy's....:lol:

OP
cefe13

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
A few years ago we did a one month home exchange to Copenhagen. We often went over to Malmo via a big bridge that looks like at the end you are going to drive right under the water. My husband loves herring. While we were over there he ate so much herring he smelled like a cat. He was in heaven. We have a close friend who lives in Gothenburg.

The bridge is beautiful - we live in south of Sweden and not far from it! Makes travel abroad easy by train or car - even Castor has crossed that bridge when he accompanied us to Legoland in Denmark!

Members online

No members online now.