Mando’s Cancer Journey and lingering questions

kev122573

Mar 1, 2011
Bulldog(s) Names
Tipsy
Sorry for the long note but I’ll try to make it short…

Mando started to limp on one leg one day and his bowl movements started to be different. After taking him to Ortho, they said it was neurological and did MRI. It showed a 6mm mass by his spine/tail (possible osteo sarcoma)It was pushing on some nerves hence incontinence and limping. Removing mass was not possible option as the location of the mass is unreachable. We did aggressive radiation and this week will start his aggressive chemo. He can’t control his bowel and has a catheter in to help him relieve. He is in great spirits, runs (hops) and plays, hungry all the time and looks very happy.

So my question is 1) anyone go through similar story and 2) we feed them Tuckers Raw but the oncologist said that due to his chemo, he should go back to dry food as his immune system will be at risk and raw may not be good. Our other vet disagrees and I get both from google searches. Anyone know?

Thanks again for this awesome community.

Attachments

• IMG_3420.jpeg
    IMG_3420.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 14
  • BDE818BC-7322-49B4-A07B-D9267F189AF4.jpeg
    BDE818BC-7322-49B4-A07B-D9267F189AF4.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 18
  • IMG_3237.jpeg
    IMG_3237.jpeg
    337 KB · Views: 15
  • IMG_3104.jpeg
    IMG_3104.jpeg
    921.2 KB · Views: 17

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet

Mando started to limp on one leg one day and his bowl movements started to be different. After taking him to Ortho, they said it was neurological and did MRI. It showed a 6mm mass by his spine/tail (possible osteo sarcoma)It was pushing on some nerves hence incontinence and limping. Removing mass was not possible option as the location of the mass is unreachable. We did aggressive radiation and this week will start his aggressive chemo. He can’t control his bowel and has a catheter in to help him relieve. He is in great spirits, runs (hops) and plays, hungry all the time and looks very happy.

So my question is 1) anyone go through similar story and 2) we feed them Tuckers Raw but the oncologist said that due to his chemo, he should go back to dry food as his immune system will be at risk and raw may not be good. Our other vet disagrees and I get both from google searches. Anyone know?

So sorry to hear he has cancer.

First- raw diet is the BEST diet even for dogs that are healthy or that have cancer.

My dog lasted 5 times as longer with her bladder cancer(the entire tumour was her bladder and we were told MAX 1 month we have with her before she won’t be able to pee at all then make the decision).

We fed her Raw diet(definitely NO kibble or carbs as it’s feeds the cancer- carbs feed inflammation and everything bad including cancer). If your raw has sweet potatoes, I recommend trying a different raw brand that uses meat organs and bone No carbs!).

Even dogs on chemo can have and should have Raw diet.
@2BullyMama dogs are on raw I think and one of her dogs in on chemo.

FYI- kibble is more recalled for bacteria than raw diet is!

My dog that had cancer, she was also on Four Leaf Rover Immunity 7 mushrooms( I HIGHLY recommend, especially for cancer- read the reviews on cancer on the Natural Dog Store website).
It’s truly amazing when I read those reviews, and she was never this playful she was for years. I had her on the Four Leaf Rover brand Immunity 7 mushrooms, now my other dogs are on it for preventative.
The dog that had cancer had a great quality of life, never suffered, didn’t go thru chemo as they said it doesn’t work on bladder cancer.

And those immunity 7 mushrooms can be given when going they chemo as it helps the side effects of chemo.

I also had her on Pet Well-being brand Life Gold supplement to help immune system. I think that helped too.

I really definitely recommend you try her on Four Leaf Rover Immunity 7 mushrooms to slow down the cancer and improve quality of life, I was amazed at how much it extended her life and made her much more playful and that and the raw diet gave us 5 months with her instead of 1 month Max we were told!!!
Still horrible having a dog with cancer, we had to take her in 3 months ago 10 days before her 9th birthday. But she was so happy and you wouldn’t know she was sick.

She also had kidney disease and was given 6 months, the raw diet and supplements she was still here 2 years(they only said 6 months she will be with us, which was 2 years ago before she passed of cancer- kidney disease wasn’t the issue).

So definitely keep her on raw diet NO carbs same goes for treats NO carbs cause that feeds cancer.

And try the Four Leaf Rover Immunity 7 mushrooms or at least read the reviews.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
@kev122573 sorry you have to go through all of this. Heartbreaking.

Totally the opposite, Raw will build back his immune system. I do understand it’s scary so below, is webpage that you might learn more on raw n cancer. If raw worries you, at least cook for him. I’m not telling you what to do as it’s your choice n not mine.

If you don’t have FB, look up Scott Jay Marshall II

Also this website…..

@2BullyMama

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Sorry to read you are having to deal with this issue (i.e. cancer). We lost our Bentley to Lymphoma. We fed him the same food as he was allergic to certain foods and the environment. We did pain management for our Bentley Boy and when he started having breathing issues, his quality of life deteriorated and we did not like to see him suffering and we went to the vet and she agreed with us and he went to the Rainbow Bridge. We'll see him once again.

Mando kinda looks like our Cooper and vice versa.

Attachments

• 20230704_064323.jpg
    20230704_064323.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 13

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

leave him on that raw food!!! so sorry you are all going through this and I will sending tons of healing prayers to you all.
My boy is currently fighting lymphoma (we are about to hit a full year this Friday 8/11) and I swear the fact he has been fed raw all his life is helping him be stronger to handle the chemo. PLEASE keep him on the raw

Members online

No members online now.