I am wondering if she is mixed

binxash13

Jul 7, 2023
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Hi everyone I am new here. First, this community seems amazing and thank you for having me. Now, to the reason for my first post. I am picking up this pup in about a month. She is adorable and seems so sweet. I am not sure she is an English Bulldog the older she gets, to me she looks more like an American Bully. She is a chocolate Merle color from what I am being told. My husband and I have dreamed of an English Bulldog for 10 yrs now and are financially able to finally do so. She is the smallest of the litter with a smaller head and paws. I have attached pictures of her. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_3514.jpeg
    IMG_3514.jpeg
    217.3 KB · Views: 37

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Hi everyone I am new here. First, this community seems amazing and thank you for having me. Now, to the reason for my first post. I am picking up this pup in about a month. She is adorable and seems so sweet. I am not sure she is an English Bulldog the older she gets, to me she looks more like an American Bully. She is a chocolate Merle color from what I am being told. My husband and I have dreamed of an English Bulldog for 10 yrs now and are financially able to finally do so. She is the smallest of the litter with a smaller head and paws. I have attached pictures of her. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
What do the parents look like? Also, any bulldog that is not a standard color is a mix somewhere down the line. They have to be to get those different colors. She looks gorgeous though. You will love her no matter what!

OP
B

binxash13

Jul 7, 2023
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
What do the parents look like? Also, any bulldog that is not a standard color is a mix somewhere down the line. They have to be to get those different colors. She looks gorgeous though. You will love her no matter what!
Her mom is black and white and low to the ground. The dad is white and Merle and stands taller. The breeder said that both parents are registered and the litter is also registered (which I am learning doesnā€™t really mean much). She is absolutely gorgeous, we are just dropping a lot of money for her and are worried we are being taken. We are allowed to have English bulldogs but not pitties where we live, so I am just worried that is what she is and love her and then have to give her back to the breeder because we arenā€™t allowed to have her. Here is a picture of her from today.

Attachments

• IMG_0001.jpeg
    IMG_0001.jpeg
    226.7 KB · Views: 34

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Well I am still living in the old days. The color of the parents were not standard for EB's that I knew. Maybe AKC has changed the rules. Others that are into showing will have better answers for you. It's been years since I've shown.
Welcome to EBN!

benny

Staff member
Jan 9, 2022
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
millie vanilly, beth anne (guest member)
Can you get out of this contract?

Her mom is black and white and low to the ground. The dad is white and Merle and stands taller.
This is all bad news. You are correct that "registered" means nothing as both of those parents are disqualified. The illustrated standard is a great thing to read through:

If you are paying a lot of money, have spent 10 years, have your heart set... You owe it to yourself to get a good breeder. Getting a puppy is extremely exciting, but I see major red flags. None of those three dogs are bulldogs.

Last edited:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She is adorable, but does not look like a full breed bulldog due to length of snout and the colors you mention are also not bulldog standard. She'll be a joy to you either way

Members online

No members online now.