Hurricane Harvey

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Thanks:) at One point in my life, I bet i knew that ;) but still, With the winds like that, seems like i would want an alternative ?

SmashAttack

Aug 10, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Smash
Got my boyfriend, daughter, our boy Smash, 100 lbs of ice, food for days, propane, water. We did not plan well for the generator to be ready to go, so if it gets too bad with flooding and trees dropping limbs, we're out. [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

SmashAttack

Aug 10, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Smash
this may sound lame but........ do you guys go underground??? and shouldn't you??

At mandatory evacuation time, that's the time to decide to potentially lose your stuff, in order to keep the family safe. We do have two boats in the family though, and kayaks. Lol

And beer...[emoji847]

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Are good & safe here!!! I know more rain is coming we lost power for maybe 30 mins, Tyson didn't even budge. He just kept looking at us like "wtf are y'all doing awake?"

Lol All my TX people, how are you? [MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] [MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION] [MENTION=17484]SmashAttack[/MENTION] [MENTION=16778]Andy T[/MENTION] [MENTION=16039]Bhaverstock1[/MENTION] [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]

SmashAttack

Aug 10, 2017
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Smash
Are good & safe here!!! I know more rain is coming we lost power for maybe 30 mins, Tyson didn't even budge. He just kept looking at us like "wtf are y'all doing awake?"

Lol All my TX people, how are you? [MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] [MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION] [MENTION=17484]SmashAttack[/MENTION] [MENTION=16778]Andy T[/MENTION]

Yeah, Smash was similar. If he wasn't playing in the rain, he was snoozing! He was upside down, tongue hangin' out, dead asleep! No issues all night in his crate. So proud of him!

Thanks for asking and hopefully today it's just some rain and nothing substantial, but we really never know.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Yeah, Smash was similar. If he wasn't playing in the rain, he was snoozing! He was upside down, tongue hangin' out, dead asleep! No issues all night in his crate. So proud of him!

Thanks for asking and hopefully today it's just some rain and nothing substantial, but we really never know.

Yes, hopefully the breaks with no rain are great so the water can drain off a bit. Thanks for checking in!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014

Lol All my TX people, how are you? [MENTION=8859]Marine91[/MENTION] [MENTION=13737]1Chumly[/MENTION] [MENTION=17484]SmashAttack[/MENTION] [MENTION=16778]Andy T[/MENTION] [MENTION=16039]Bhaverstock1[/MENTION] [MENTION=2071]Davidh[/MENTION]

All good here! We got 3.5 inches of rain overnight, a normal rainfall for Houston!! No problems at all and just a light drizzle now. Will have to see what else Harvey has in store for us though.

I hope everyone else is safe and sound.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
All good here! We got 3.5 inches of rain overnight, a normal rainfall for Houston!! No problems at all and just a light drizzle now. Will have to see what else Harvey has in store for us though.

Thanks for checking in Pam! Same here, hoping it remains light, we're taking full advantage of no rain now and running out for a walk. We were up all night, just watching - so sleepy! Hugs to Monty!

Andy T

Jan 19, 2017
Clear Lake Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Pebbles
Still here.

We're right under the continuous red band of rain on the radar. Clear lake borders Pasadena laPorte area.

My
Mom got a new hip on Wednesday and is staying with us until she recuperates.

Daughter and granddaughter are also here. Add 3 dogs and a fish tank and we have a full house.

Thanks for asking

Pebbles is taking it pretty tough.

aa079454fe8f52df308d247b25ac77fe.jpg

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Still here.

We're right under the continuous red band of rain on the radar. Clear lake borders Pasadena laPorte area.

My

Daughter and granddaughter are also here. Add 3 dogs and a fish tank and we have a full house.

Thanks for asking

awww poor poor Pebbles ha! stay safe and 'be like Pebbles' :)

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Stay safe all of you!

Davidh

Head Pooper Scooper
Staff member
Mar 21, 2011
Katy, Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
BeBe, Hazel, Lucy Lu, JLO, Hillary, Henri, & Katie
So far we are good. I'm working at the fire station, got called in mandatory, and Bev is home with the dogs by herself. Our Daughter lives in Rockport, luckily she left and went to Lockhart. No word on her house yet, and she has a condo for sale that got tore up pretty bad. One of her friends told her, but they can't get to her house to see if it is damaged. But at least she is safe.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)

I hope you Texas members are safe and no losses. I have been watching the news and of course the Buffalo Bayou was most definitely over its banks.

The radar shows bands of rain over most of South Eastern Texas including most of Eastern Texas. Be Safe!

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Still here.

My

Thanks for asking

Rockport took a direct hit...Not once but twice. When visiting Texas, we usually drive Port Aransas, Mustang Island, Gregory...essentially circling the Corpus Christi Bay.

Radar shows you are still getting the rain...green and yellow bands and not the reds like last night. Stay Safe!

Members online

No members online now.