Getting New Roof...How to Calm the Dogs?

berlin78

Jun 23, 2017
WA State
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie & Chloe (Bella RIP 2019)
Morning Everyone! Or whatever time it is where you are... We are having a new roof put on in another week and a half, and I am hoping I can stay home with the dogs, but that may not happen. Either way, I know they are not going to be fond of the noise... Any tips? I did order some Happy Hoodies to try out, and I have CALM CBD cookies that may help. Just looking for any ideas you all might have, or tricks you did when you had construction done. Thank you all!

Bulldog2001

May 5, 2022
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
None yet
Morning Everyone! Or whatever time it is where you are... We are having a new roof put on in another week and a half, and I am hoping I can stay home with the dogs, but that may not happen. Either way, I know they are not going to be fond of the noise... Any tips? I did order some Happy Hoodies to try out, and I have CALM CBD cookies that may help. Just looking for any ideas you all might have, or tricks you did when you had construction done. Thank you all!

I would get them some CBD oil, as some chews donā€™t have enough to actually have a benefit.

Can you get someone(a neighbor or someone) to walk the dogs if your not home? Or maybe take them for a car ride?

You can get some calming supplements that are not CBD either, maybe a combination might work?
You can get some calming thing you plug in to the wall(kind of like a scent thing, but itā€™s for calming the dogs).

Will the roof be a all day thing or just a few hrs?? Do they have a safe space/crate they like?? Maybe let them go in there to relax???

But my first thing to recommend is see if someone can take the dogs for walk/to neighbor place?? And give them CBD oil and a calming supplement(but try them in advance so you know if it will calm them enough).

OP
berlin78

berlin78

Jun 23, 2017
WA State
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie & Chloe (Bella RIP 2019)
I would get them some CBD oil, as some chews donā€™t have enough to actually have a benefit.

Can you get someone(a neighbor or someone) to walk the dogs if your not home? Or maybe take them for a car ride?

You can get some calming supplements that are not CBD either, maybe a combination might work?
You can get some calming thing you plug in to the wall(kind of like a scent thing, but itā€™s for calming the dogs).

Will the roof be a all day thing or just a few hrs?? Do they have a safe space/crate they like?? Maybe let them go in there to relax???

But my first thing to recommend is see if someone can take the dogs for walk/to neighbor place?? And give them CBD oil and a calming supplement(but try them in advance so you know if it will calm them enough).
Thank you. I do have CBD oil, but it's one "designed" mainly for mobility issues. Still seems to help though. I think I may take them for a car ride and do other things away from the house if necessary. Will see how they react maybe and go from there. Chloe has her crate which she definitely likes to be in, and Sophie generally just uses our bed as her comfort spot. If I am there all day, I might need to get outta the noise as well!

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae
I had a new roof done a year ago and I was home the entire time. Yes, itā€™s noisy but it actually didnā€™t bother any of the dogs like I expected it to. Sometimes they barked at the noise but that was about it.

Members online

No members online now.