Help Needed! George is sick again! Help!

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
So I phoned the vet they are seeing a lot of dogs at the moment with these symptoms. He is concerned about dehydration as am I so we will be heading there in the afternoon for some fluids.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Ugh... I hope that George feels better. How on earth did he get down a horse hoof?!! These dogs, I swear... I just posted on my thread that Walter will throw up just plain stomach acid, so the vet told me to try and get a 1/2 pill pepcid down him to cut down on the acid. Let us know what the vet says today.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
So I phoned the vet they are seeing a lot of dogs at the moment with these symptoms. He is concerned about dehydration as am I so we will be heading there in the afternoon for some fluids.

Please keep us posted, it seems something is going around these days. Praying its nothing serious!

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
Please keep us posted, it seems something is going around these days. Praying its nothing serious!
He has a temperature so he's been on a drip for an hour just waiting to pick him up now.

Sent from my HUAWEI Y625-U21 using Tapatalk

Cbrugs

Administrator
Community Veteran
Dec 9, 2016
Seattle, WA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
King Louie, Jax (French Bulldog), Ella Mae and Darla Rae

Ugh... I hope that George feels better. How on earth did he get down a horse hoof?!! These dogs, I swear... I just posted on my thread that Walter will throw up just plain stomach acid, so the vet told me to try and get a 1/2 pill pepcid down him to cut down on the acid. Let us know what the vet says today.

He has a temperature so he's been on a drip for an hour just waiting to pick him up now.

Oh no! Hopefully he will start to feel better soon. I hate when my babies are sick and Louie is finally feeling better but it took over a week.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"

It has to be some kind of virus then if he has a temp. Were they able to get a stool sample? Poor baby.

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
He seems in good form the vet gave fluids and a shot to stop his stomach going into spasams. He is fasting for 2 days 😥

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
He seems in good form the vet gave fluids and a shot to stop his stomach going into spasams. He is fasting for 2 days ��

oh boy! these guys can sure do weird things... I've had so many dogs through life but never so touchy!! So far Hanks doing ok but!!!!!!!! but he does have those stinken interdigital cysts we're working on, and little things here and there. Wondering if I notice more with him as I'm older??? hum

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He seems in good form the vet gave fluids and a shot to stop his stomach going into spasams. He is fasting for 2 days 

keep us posted... and give him a hug from us.

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
oh boy! these guys can sure do weird things... I've had so many dogs through life but never so touchy!! So far Hanks doing ok but!!!!!!!! but he does have those stinken interdigital cysts we're working on, and little things here and there. Wondering if I notice more with him as I'm older??? hum
Epsom salts are good for the cysts.
Yeah I think its my age I'm way more noticing things with him.

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
It was a trimming of a horse hoof sorry maybe I wasn't clear about that.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Epsom salts are good for the cysts.
Yeah I think its my age I'm way more noticing things with him.

Thank you.... will do this one alternating with the betadine... hum, or is it better to stick to one or the other

OP
Evilo

Evilo

Nov 10, 2015
Leitrim, Ireland
Country
Ireland
Bulldog(s) Names
George Bentley
It has to be some kind of virus then if he has a temp. Were they able to get a stool sample? Poor baby.
No he didn't do a stool sample that I know of but he may have while we were gone for the hour he was on a drip.

Members online

No members online now.