OP
Mom of Tucker

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
So, I just got home with no Tucker. However, the results of the X-ray and ultrasound showed nothing unusual! It's all complicated, but they are going to treat him with IV steroids, keep him in the ICU overnight, where he will have a nurse on duty the whole time, and they will check his red blood cells again in the morning.

After the testing, I was able to visit with him before I headed back home. However, he was mad at me because he kept his back to me and wouldn't look at me. I asked him for kisses, and he ignored me, lol. They had to shave his belly.

I love the Texas A&M Veterinary staff. They were so professional and accommodating and very conscientious of English Bulldog issues. My boy is in good hands! IMG_1113.JPG

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Well, worse news than expected. It seems he has some sort of auto immune illness. They are currently doing another ultrasound and chest X-ray to determine if he has cancer. Something is attacking his red blood cells. The cause may not be determined though. I am praying it is only transient.

My mother and even the last vet were questioning me why I was seeking another opinion, as if I were overreacting. However, the vet said I caught it early because some dogs are brought in and need blood infusions immediately. I just knew my Tucker needed someone to help him feel better.

What makes this even worse is, I had been paying on pet insurance since I got him. However in January, I decided to start my wn pet savings account. I had never used the policy and didn't think I ever would.

Needless to say, I am heartbroken but will do everything I can to treat my boy.
Oh no...good job on following your gut! Hopefully since it was caught on time little Tucker gets back on track. Hate news like so. Please do keep us posted!! Sending positive vibes your way! You got this Tucker!!

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Hope Tucker will feel better soon - Castor sends a big hug to him.

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Praying for Tucker and YOU.... I've known a few people with autoimmune that are doing fine. I really dont know about it but just that it has been fixable. Prayerfully Sweet Tuckers will be as well. Hugs

Clermont

Oct 20, 2015
Georgia
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tiger - Ty
You did exactly the right thing by seeking another opinion
Going back to what I said before about how some people don't understand what our dogs mean to us

I'm sure if it were your human child it would have been a 'no-brainer' decision to get help elsewhere

My thought and prayers are with you

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
Youā€™ve done all you can do at this point. Heā€™s in as good a care as he can be. Please keep updating us.

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
Prayers for Tucker and you and your family.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
You did great getting him in the right hands!

Keep us posted and we will all keep praying

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
Mom of Tucker

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
IMG_1114.JPG
The ride home.
IMG_1031.JPG
At home and relieved, momma too.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
I just read your link. Very interesting n I booked marked it. Very good to know. Does he have a lot of meds to take and a specific diet? Interesting Tucker could have caught this just anywhere from different sources. At least now you know n heā€™s home with you... Great photos. Keep updating Tuckerā€™s health plz...so happy heā€™s home!!

Hankster

Community Veteran
Aug 27, 2016
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
hank
Im glad hes home with you and hope so much that things will work out for you. Poor sweet baby boy. Sending prayers.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
OP
Mom of Tucker

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I just read your link. Very interesting n I booked marked it. Very good to know. Does he have a lot of meds to take and a specific diet? Interesting Tucker could have caught this just anywhere from different sources. At least now you know n heā€™s home with you... Great photos. Keep updating Tuckerā€™s health plz...so happy heā€™s home!!

Oh yes! He has plenty of pills to take! I just fed hm breakfast, and there were 7 pills in it! The vet sent me home with some canned Hill's food that I will use until it is gone. It helped me disguise the pills so he would take them. I am thankful he has an appetite, which gives me encouragement that he will pull through this.

He is taking prednisone, Atopica, which is an immunosuppressant and Plavix, to keep blood clots away. He is very fragile and weak right now, but I believe he will get through this.

I appreciate you all for caring. :yes:

cefe13

Sep 12, 2013
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Castor (2013-2021 RIP)
Glad to hear he's back home and hope he will feel better soon!

Members online