OP
Reggietheveggie

Reggietheveggie

Nov 6, 2017
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Reginald
Yeah it's hard to get duck over here in puppy food :( we've tried him on beef, turkey and salmon, hated the salmon food, refused to eat it (which is a very bold statement from a bulldog!) only food he loves is wainwrights turkey! And his treats are salmon grain free by a brand called Canagan and he loves them Superisingly! And sure I'll post some pics of him in this thread! Thank you so much!

Attachments

• IMG_2064.JPG
    IMG_2064.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 66

oscarmayer

Have Bulldog Will Travel
Staff member
Jan 20, 2016
VA
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Lala, Chesty, Winky, Waggles, Moose, and rescue MoJo
I suggest eliminating the salmon treats and just treating him with the Wainwrights Turkey kibble. Keep things as simple as possible until you get a handle on things.
BTW, he's really cute...looks so soft and squeezable. :)

OP
Reggietheveggie

Reggietheveggie

Nov 6, 2017
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Reginald
Yeah will deffo do that instead! Thank you so much! & he's very squeezable! But he's at that moody teenager stage and is 'too grown up' for cuddles now haha!!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
Well I live in the UK so that's why I wasn't sure about environmental allergies because it's constantly winter here so wasn't sure what airborne things were about! But it seems to be my last choice haha! Definitely going to try Benadryl! :)

Environmental in the UK? You better believe it!!! I had Chumly tested in the UK and they only tested for grasses. He scratched himself silly. We gave him shots, Atopica, and it did nothing. When we moved here I had him tested again and we found out all his allergies were environmental. The cat, wool (we had wool carpet everywhere) and a whole bunch of others I can't remember now. The poor dog didn't stand a chance! He had shots again tailored to all his allergies, got rid of any wool rugs (the cat stayed) and it changed his life. There are also much better meds now for severe allergies like Cytopoint. Monty at the moment is really going to town chewing and licking his feet and scratching his face so I am going to up his benedryl to maximum dose and hope it works. It has so far in the 4 years we have had him. Good luck!

OP
Reggietheveggie

Reggietheveggie

Nov 6, 2017
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Reginald
Oh really?! Our vet won't allergy test him until he's 12 month! I can imagine how many things that can irritate them :( we don't have carpets so we're lucky in that sense! Awh I'm so glad Monty is better off now & hope the extra Benadryl works for him! I just can't wait to know what's causing it so I can stop it :( thank you so much!

1Chumly

Feb 19, 2015
Houston, TX
Country
From England
Bulldog(s) Names
Buster 2013-2023 Monty 6/2010 - 1/2020 Chumly 2002-2014
I had to chuckle about it always being winter! I complain here about it always being hot.

Chumly was 5 when we rescued him (from the RSPCA) so well above the age restriction re testing.

Monty is doing better today now that I have upped his Benedryl a bit but I decided against full dose to see how he does. He also had tear stains and was on RC when we got him but they did go away after a change in food. It takes a while though. If you get Benedryl, make sure it is the plain diphenhydramine, not the Plus Congestion. Generics are fine.

He is a lovely boy!

LJJ86

Feb 4, 2018
Country
UK
Bulldog(s) Names
Jasper
Yeah it's hard to get duck over here in puppy food :( we've tried him on beef, turkey and salmon, hated the salmon food, refused to eat it (which is a very bold statement from a bulldog!) only food he loves is wainwrights turkey! And his treats are salmon grain free by a brand called Canagan and he loves them Superisingly! And sure I'll post some pics of him in this thread! Thank you so much!

FWIW as another England-er - I don't think you will have a problem feeding your guy the adult Wainrights. We did as we got some free when we got him at 4 months and they had run out of puppy so gave us adult. As far as I can see the only difference is the kibble size and if he is anything like my 8-monther he scoffs his food in 2 seconds anyway!

Also he is absolutely beautiful, love that grumpy baby sleeping face :D

Members online

No members online now.