URGENT!!! Bulldog ear infection NEED HELP

Ccjason

Dec 23, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nike
Hi guys I signed up for the website because Iā€™m look for advice for my pupā€™s ear infection, I apologize if thereā€™s already a thread like this It just that I have a special situation and I really want to be careful. I went to the vet this morning because my dogā€™s ear start bleeding and the veterinarian did a deep cleaning and took samples, I was prescribed with posatex otic apply every 24hr and oticetic flush clean every 3-4 days. I just have a quick question how do I clean out all the mess in his ear before I apply the posatex since the oticetic flush is every 3-4 days and his ear gets filled every night?
Thank you guys any suggestions will help :) 5CDA6F2E-E327-4395-8A17-34A372DD2833.jpeg393FC8B7-62C0-4025-B3A4-43ED545B92B2.jpeg

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Clean out the ears by flushing with a mix of 25% vinegar and 75% witch hazel. Fill ears with it, rub ears at base , then let dog shake head, then wipe out the dirt.

In future keep ears under control by spraying in a mixture of 50% vinegar and 50% witch hazel ( higher % vinegar since ear isn't as likely to get sore from the acetic acid ) as frequently as needed ( ie. when ears start to get dirty or dog starts scratching ears ) , then wipe out.

You could also buy Zymox otic with hydrocortisone but it's a lot more expensive.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hi guys I signed up for the website because Iā€™m look for advice for my pupā€™s ear infection, I apologize if thereā€™s already a thread like this It just that I have a special situation and I really want to be careful. I went to the vet this morning because my dogā€™s ear start bleeding and the veterinarian did a deep cleaning and took samples, I was prescribed with posatex otic apply every 24hr and oticetic flush clean every 3-4 days. I just have a quick question how do I clean out all the mess in his ear before I apply the posatex since the oticetic flush is every 3-4 days and his ear gets filled every night?
Thank you guys any suggestions will help :)View attachment 109959View attachment 109960

Welcome to EBN.... your sweet faced baby is probably allergic to something in the food.

You can clean with with hazel in a cotton pan. Once all the issues are gone apple cider vinegar/witch hazel mix is a great cleaning solution.

You may want to change to a high quality grain and chicken free food. No particular order, but here are five many members have great results with.. they are more money but less is spent at vet and your baby has less to no issues.

Acana
Orijen
Earthborn Holistic
Fromm
Zingature

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dollys Owner

Feb 20, 2017
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Honey
Also start dog on a probiotic-
Best: doggie probiotic such as Herbsmith Microflora Plus or Proviable DC or Probiotic Miracle
Next best: tripe or sauerkraut from refrigerator section of supermarket or kefir
Least effective: plain no fat probiotic Greek yoghurt eg. Kirkland brand from Costco

You may also want to switch dog foods to a raw food since a lot of ear infections are from food allergies. Which one are you using? Also give dog a couple of teaspoons a day of virgin coconut oil

Also flush out ear with some vinegar/witch hazel after dog goes swimming.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Thank you guys any suggestions will help :)View attachment 109959View attachment 109960

Ive been doing this for a year for Nyala's tail pocket, rashes, ears etc. I do modifie it for her tail. I add tea tree but that addition is only for the tail n not the ears! I guarantee you it works!!!!

From one of our members.....

From [MENTION=3991]Saalwi[/MENTION]*/SarahIt's been a little while since I've posted so to catch up...Sgt.Schultz is turning 10 tomorrow and is still full of himself. His health has been pretty good (lots of maintenance) but I wouldn't trade him for the world.I've been home cooking for about 3 years (in a pinch we use a grain free honest kitchen that we add a protein to) and this seems to work well for his*system.His*chronic ear infections have been healed with a blend of essential oils that we apply weekly with a cotton balls - better than any antibiotic or vet supplied ear drop.Here is the essential oil recipe for ear infections or just maintaining good ear*health.Spray*on cotton ball and wipe out ears ...don't spray directly in*ears.In*a 2 ounce glass spray bottle, combine:15 drops Lavender15 drops Geranium15 drops Frankincense15 drops Basil10 drops Arborvitae Fractionated*Coconut Oil*to fill the bottle about 3/4 of the way full. Shake bottle well before using. Use once a week to treat ears that have an ear infection or once a month as a preventative measure in ears that are prone to recurrent ear infectionsIf ears are especially inflamed or infected, dilute 2 drops of lavender in 4 drops of fractionated*coconut oil*on a cotton ball and apply lightly to soothe the inflamed ear area.

BTW if you cant get ARBORVITAE oil as it's extremely hard to get, replace with Thuja oil.

OP
C

Ccjason

Dec 23, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nike
Why is it important to have chicken free food

OP
C

Ccjason

Dec 23, 2017
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Nike
Right now Iā€™m using wilderness salmon recipe

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Why is it important to have chicken free food

Many dogs, especially Bulldog have issues with chicken... i THINK it is how it is processed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
When Fox's ear infection rears its ugly head I clean out the ears at least once and mostly twice a day with an ear cleaner, then apply drops 1 or 2 times a day depending on the prescription. We also use dry kleenex throughout the day to keep it clean. For maintenance I clean them out every other day.

Members online

No members online now.